Texas Fishing Forum

3/4 oz spinnerbaits

Posted By: Dr. Hook

3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:32 AM

I am looking for good quality 3/4oz Double willow spinnerbaits. I can only find 1/2oz;I have looked at Booyah, spotsticker and WarEagle.
Any suggestions for other manufacturers?
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:35 AM

I think Stanley makes a good 3/4 oz. Used to be some spinners called mini me's that worked well also, don't konw if they still make them.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:37 AM

Stanley
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:44 AM

Megabass just released the SV-3 spinnerbaits and we have them in 3/4oz. They are built like a tank but you still get tge vibration as you would from a lighter wire bait. They almost seem to "suspend" when you pause them. Great baits that have put a lot of fish in the boat this fall.

https://megabassusa.com/product/sv-3/

[Linked Image]

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:56 AM

Just looked at Tackle Warehouse, only 3/4 oz Stanley’s were bright neon colors. Spotsticker bought mini-me. I agree mini-me’s are great spinnerbaits; but only 1/2 oz listed on tackle warehouse.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:08 AM

They are hard to find.i found a few tandem on amazon might try there idk about double willow tho
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:11 AM

These are made by good old Texas-folks

http://www.santonelures.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=2&Category_ID=2

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:14 AM

Thanks Mark. Those Megabass SV-3 spinnerbaits look like some premium baits. Some nice natural colors. What dealers In DFW are carrying them in store, so I can see them?

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:15 AM

Here's another good double willow spinner made by good folks. I haven't caught a giant on it yet but I did get a 12 on one just like this one.

[Linked Image]

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:25 AM

Thanks Ken! Not sure about your definition of “a giant yet”. To me a 12 is a Giant. You are truly spoiled.
Curious, looking at the head design, does it have a tendency to roll, or does it stay true with a medium fast retrieve?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:31 AM

Use a 1/4oz clamp-on sinker on the hook. Keeps it from rolling over & works great.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 02:08 AM

Give me a shout. I can build any thing you want.
Thanks,
Donald

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Hook
Thanks Ken! Not sure about your definition of “a giant yet”. To me a 12 is a Giant. You are truly spoiled.
Curious, looking at the head design, does it have a tendency to roll, or does it stay true with a medium fast retrieve?

Runs true at all speeds
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

Good spinnerbaits. Run true and don't roll over.

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Thanks,
Donald

I will vouch for Donald's 3/4 oz spinnerbait too. It is a high quality bait built on the old Mann's Hank Parker Classic Spinnerbait with a twisted line tie instead of the R-bend. After catching a bunch of fish on a spinner it will eventually break at the top of the R-bend and it never happens at a good moment. With the twisted line tie when the wire breaks the line stays attached to the bait. Pic to show frame of bait Donald uses. He will customize any blade design & skirt you want.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Hook
I am looking for good quality 3/4oz Double willow spinnerbaits. I can only find 1/2oz;I have looked at Booyah, spotsticker and WarEagle.
Any suggestions for other manufacturers?

Stanley Jigs Wedge Plus welcome
Posted By: BPbassp

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 03:27 AM

Jobaby makes some really good spinner baits. Sold online at their website or at Falcon Lake tackle in Zapata, Texas . Built to last and come in 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz. Designed and built to handle those brutes that swim around in Falcon lake.
Posted By: Joey Watts

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 12:44 PM

https://www.flatlandscustomtackle.com/store/c15/Spinner_Baits.html
Posted By: Chris B

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 01:44 PM

Talon makes the best 3/4 I have seen.
Posted By: Alan

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 03:39 PM

Nothing to see here.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 10/31/20 11:21 PM

Stanley and phenix custom make good ones
Posted By: teamron

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/01/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by BPbassp
Jobaby makes some really good spinner baits. Sold online at their website or at Falcon Lake tackle in Zapata, Texas . Built to last and come in 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz. Designed and built to handle those brutes that swim around in Falcon lake.

Jobaby are tough, built to last. Have caught many a big on these baits,

teamron
Posted By: J Bowen

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/01/20 03:08 AM

Revenge Baits deep runner
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/01/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Thanks,
Donald

I will vouch for Donald's 3/4 oz spinnerbait too. It is a high quality bait built on the old Mann's Hank Parker Classic Spinnerbait with a twisted line tie instead of the R-bend. After catching a bunch of fish on a spinner it will eventually break at the top of the R-bend and it never happens at a good moment. With the twisted line tie when the wire breaks the line stays attached to the bait. Pic to show frame of bait Donald uses. He will customize any blade design & skirt you want.

[Linked Image]

+1 I have a few and I'll be getting more of them.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/01/20 07:15 PM

I would check out Oldham Lures for Spinnerbaits and Jigs

oldhamjigs.com
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/01/20 10:36 PM

Check Bumper Stumper Lures.
https://bumperstumper.com/spinnerbaits/
Posted By: Neal G

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/02/20 12:44 AM

Has not been a great 3/4 oz or 1 oz DWL mass produced in years. Need to look for some custom / semi-custom builders or do yourself.
Posted By: P_102

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/02/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by John Peebles
I think Stanley makes a good 3/4 oz. Used to be some spinners called mini me's that worked well also, don't konw if they still make them.

Mini Me’s were designed by Ryan Coleman in partnership with S.O.B. Lures (Bill Dee). Bill passed several years ago. A while later Ryan bought S.O.B. to go along with his other company, Spotsticker Baits. Ryan still builds both models of spinnerbaits, the original SOB and the Mini Me. At one time he and Bill also came up with a 1 oz. a spinnerbait for deep, clear water that was very good.
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/02/20 01:48 PM

This ^^^^^^^^
Posted By: cajuncountryman

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/02/20 04:54 PM

Falcon Lures or Oldham- both made a quality, durable large spinnerbait.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/03/20 01:11 PM

Check with Don Harper or www.bumperstumper.com if they don’t have it they’ll make it for you. He’s local to Flower Mound.
Posted By: Matt Houston

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/04/20 04:56 PM

Nichols make the best spinnerbait in my opinion. Bass Pro has finally started carrying them.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: 3/4 oz spinnerbaits - 11/05/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by meP2too
I would check out Oldham Lures for Spinnerbaits and Jigs

oldhamjigs.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum