Texas Fishing Forum

This is impressive IMO

Posted By: wh2004

This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 08:09 AM

Got this in the mail today out of the blue. Do other boat manufacturers do this?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J-2

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 10:06 AM

Yes, well at least they use to. Basscat.
Posted By: tsubrett

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 12:57 PM

Basscat I know does.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 01:09 PM

Phoenix sent me a thank you but no hats..

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 01:22 PM

I guess it’s more prevalent than I thought lol. Pretty cool if anyone does it. I’ve bought a lot of expensive things over the years and never gotten anything like it. Blue Wave didn’t.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 01:32 PM

Probably not, but from a business standpoint they all should do something especially considering the cost of their product.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 02:59 PM

Those kind of perks are built into the price of the product. I would expect it. Vexus has priced their boats at the upper end of the market with no market share and no paid pro staff. This really surprised me.

When Phoenix first hit the market they were $10K below all the other premium boats rigged similarly. They carved out a piece of the market then started going up on price every year about 5-6%. Now a loaded out Phoenix 21 PHX is more expensive than a loaded out Skeeter FXR with the same electronics & motor. As they grew they added pro staff and more sponsorships. The price now reflects that. Good for them. They have built a good following and have a premium product. I would buy a phoenix over a Ranger today.

Vexus glass boats hit the market priced at the upper end of the bass boat spectrum with zero pro staff and zero sponsorships. They weren't sponsoring a tournament trail. They didn't have any big name pros on their payroll. Add to that the off-putting styling (to 95% of folks) of their glass boats and you have a recipe to sell about a dozen boats a year nationwide. Personally I think this was an unwise decision on their part. I do believe they are built very well with good quality control but come on!

To the OP, I am sure you weren't expecting a long response to your post. Those are nice hats and the license plate cover is cool. Please do not take this as me bashing your boat. This is only my opinion. That and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at 7-Eleven. wink

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 03:47 PM

It’s all good. I got the aluminum cuz I’m poor lol.
I would never expect the president or owner of any company to send me a hand written note with a $50 gift card. Maybe because it’s my first bass boat and I just don’t know any better.

I bought a $65k F250 in 2014. I didn’t even get a thank you from the dealership, let alone from ford! Haha
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 03:53 PM

I got a thank you letter and a $100 gift card to RangerWear so I can spend even more money on their merchandise. AHAHAHHAHA

It was perfect as I needed a new life vest anyway.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Those kind of perks are built into the price of the product. I would expect it. Vexus has priced their boats at the upper end of the market with no market share and no paid pro staff. This really surprised me.

When Phoenix first hit the market they were $10K below all the other premium boats rigged similarly. They carved out a piece of the market then started going up on price every year about 5-6%. Now a loaded out Phoenix 21 PHX is more expensive than a loaded out Skeeter FXR with the same electronics & motor. As they grew they added pro staff and more sponsorships. The price now reflects that. Good for them. They have built a good following and have a premium product. I would buy a phoenix over a Ranger today.

Vexus glass boats hit the market priced at the upper end of the bass boat spectrum with zero pro staff and zero sponsorships. They weren't sponsoring a tournament trail. They didn't have any big name pros on their payroll. Add to that the off-putting styling (to 95% of folks) of their glass boats and you have a recipe to sell about a dozen boats a year nationwide. Personally I think this was an unwise decision on their part. I do believe they are built very well with good quality control but come on!

To the OP, I am sure you weren't expecting a long response to your post. Those are nice hats and the license plate cover is cool. Please do not take this as me bashing your boat. This is only my opinion. That and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at 7-Eleven. wink

So what you're saying is..."come on man?"
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 04:28 PM

Cat does. Jacket too. You might be a year older before you get them though!
Posted By: Cmack

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 04:38 PM

BassCat sent me a hat when I purchased a used Eyra a few years back. I called them for some part/widget. I chatted with the parts guy a few minutes, telling him how impressed I was with the quality of the boat. Three or four days later my part arrived and there was a nice BassCat hat enclosed with the order, welcoming me to the BassCat family. Probably didn't cost BCB $5 but it earned them multiples of that in good will and free advertisement.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 06:21 PM

I received hats and a few shirts but the most impressive thing was getting a call from Mr. Bentz welcoming me to the Caymas family.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by wh2004
I would never expect the president or owner of any company to send me a hand written note with a $50 gift card. Maybe because it’s my first bass boat and I just don’t know any better.

I bought a $65k F250 in 2014. I didn’t even get a thank you from the dealership, let alone from ford! Haha

It’s a bit more impressive since it’s the tin line. They are nice looking boats.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 07:04 PM

Yep, got one of those little caps with the propeller on top from Tracker. roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 07:34 PM

Legend did

I'm sure all 12 people that bought a boat from them in 2020 got the same gift pack
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

Why can't we all just get along?
bolt
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 08:07 PM

In 2005 I bought a new skeeter and they sent me a personalized all star rod with my name on it. This year I bought a new skeeter and they threw in a shirt and hat and put on a extra power pole for free labor and added the buttons at the bow all for free.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 08:12 PM

Only thing I got when I bought my Skeeter was the bill. Now they are getting really tight with warranty claims.

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Only thing I got when I bought my Skeeter was the bill. Now they are getting really tight with warranty claims.

Wait for the “Skeeter stress cracks” comments. I’m sure liking the new ZXR’s, good thing I’m poor though.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 09:17 PM

Customer Service and a great way to advertise. thumb
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 10:27 PM

WH, I prefer aluminum and my last 3 boats have been Xpress. I really like the looks of that Vexus you bought and will look at them next time I get the itch to swap out.

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/29/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Legend did

I'm sure all 12 people that bought a boat from them in 2020 got the same gift pack

Yeah totally
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/30/20 03:33 AM

Don't want a free hat or anything from a boat manufacturer that puts decals on the hull below rub rail. Just plain stupid! When I bought my Cat, got a signed letter from Rick and Bass Cat jacket. When I bought my Ranger, got certificate for Ranger Wear. They don't put decals on the dammed hull!! Not gonna spend my money replacing decals, I fish stumpy water.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/31/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Probably not, but from a business standpoint they all should do something especially considering the cost of their product.

So right. This gift was a drop in the bucket compared to the profit Vexus or any other boat dealer makes. It's not the size of the gift but the fact that they did something.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/31/20 02:46 AM

cheers
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/31/20 11:02 AM

I mean after spending 90k on a boat the least they could do is send $50 worth of thank you after...

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/31/20 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
I mean after spending 90k on a boat the least they could do is send $50 worth of thank you after...

Read the thread, it was the tin model and they aren’t $90k.

Re: This is impressive IMO - 10/31/20 07:29 PM

This thread cracks me up and really shows the entitlement mindset of some people. I’ve never bought a new car and expected ford or Chevy to send me anything, I didn’t buy my new blue wave and expect them to send me anything, I didn’t expect a package from KZ when I bought my new travel trailer, I didn’t expect a thank you package from the builder when I bought a new home, so I’m sorry I wasn’t expecting anything when I bought a bass boat. Why would anyone?
Apparently this is normal for most bass boat companies though, which is impressive, imo.
Posted By: 361V

Re: This is impressive IMO - 11/02/20 03:23 AM

“Joining the revolution”? Bwahahaha....oh sorry. A couple hats is nice.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: This is impressive IMO - 11/02/20 04:35 AM

This thread cracks me up and really shows the entitlement mindset of some people. I’ve never bought a new car and expected ford or Chevy to send me anything, I didn’t buy my new blue wave and expect them to send me anything, I didn’t expect a package from KZ when I bought my new travel trailer, I didn’t expect a thank you package from the builder when I bought a new home, so I’m sorry I wasn’t expecting anything when I bought a bass boat. Why would anyone?
Apparently this is normal for most bass boat companies though, which is impressive, imo.

You got a bunch of [censored] responses from people that don't like Vexus. I think it's cool that they sent that to you
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum