Texas Fishing Forum

Best fishin guides

Posted By: Quackhead HFD

Best fishin guides - 10/26/20 09:11 PM

I’m putting together a list of the best fishing guides Texas has to offer. If you have a service you would like to recommend please submit their name and or contact info. Any body of water in Texas.
Thanks
Posted By: davidsears

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/26/20 09:14 PM

Lake Ray Roberts Dannie Golden www.get-bit.com
Posted By: fatdad74

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/26/20 10:32 PM

Lake Fork Eric Wright 9727577947
Posted By: Mgfan58

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 03:53 AM

Caddo - Randy Deaver 318-349-2999 and Paul Keith 318-455-3437. Both men know the lake well and will put you on the fish. Randy is a great instructor for less experienced anglers as well. I'm sure Paul is as well, but I've seen Randy work with a newbie.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 11:23 AM

I second Danny.

Been out with probably 10-15 guides fresh and salt water and he is hands down the best.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 03:56 PM

I've been out with Dannie a few times and he's outstanding.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 05:35 PM

Been out with David Ozzio multiple times both on Fork and other east Texas lakes. Been out with James Biggs on my local lake in DFW. Learned everything I know from them and I went from barely being able to throw a spinner to being able to catch (not just fish) on just about everything. Both are very good teachers. I went from catching maybe 1 5+ a year to catching 8 6+ this year and another 10 in the 5-6 range. Still looking for my DD, but I've just been bass fishing for 5 years.
Posted By: TravisTracy

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 06:25 PM

3rd for Dannie Golden - best 5 went for 43.88 pounds with him in 2018. Heck of a day.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 07:17 PM

I'll second the vote for David Ozzio.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by davidsears
Lake Ray Roberts Dannie Golden www.get-bit.com

thumb
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 08:00 PM

I've gone out with guides that put you on fish and tell you where to cast and what to throw. Those are great trips too. Jason Conn on Fork does a great job.
But i've also been out with James Biggs. He teaches you to catch fish when he's not around. His 2hr class before ever getting on the water is invaluable. I learned to
pattern fish and i've used what i've learned from him on 5 different lakes. Worth every dollar i spent[b][/b]
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

If yall know David so well, I'd expect you could spell his name correctly.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/27/20 08:09 PM

search for a list of lake fork guides posted by Cameron on here a few times. itll give you many names and numbers.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 01:37 AM

The old timers here on Fork are the best on Fork. (they know all the secrets). McCarty was up for the Hall of Fame and Stevenson is already in it. The new guys are great but as in the past, you better know the difference between a great marketer and a great fisherman.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.

You are correct. One z. Ozio. And yes, I know him well but suck at spelling.
Posted By: Timmy-

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 03:19 AM

If you’re looking to learn how to catch bass and think like a pro thinks...call James Biggs. His knowledge and ability to teach you is truly remarkable. I won 2nd place the first tournament I fished after I had his class.
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 03:26 AM

Charlie Haralson hands down on Falcon, works harder than any guide I've fished with. A full day is sun up to sun down. He and his dad are legends on that lake.
Ray Hanselman on Amistad would be my first call if I was going there.
Posted By: mcallister

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 03:34 AM

Rick Denton - Fayette County highly recommend
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W

You are correct. One z. Ozio. And yes, I know him well but suck at spelling.

I have fished with a lot of guides especially on Fork, Mark Stevenson, Ronnie Byrd, Mark Pack, John Tanner, Tony Clark and others but I would like to spend the day fishing with David Ozio not only for the fishing but just to maybe here some stories from this PBA Tour Bowler of the Year and Hall of Famer about his experiences on the tour.
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 02:16 PM

Dillion Lee

Bob sandlin
Welsh
Lake O the pines
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 02:34 PM

David is a great guide, he taught my wife to throw a bait caster. Once at Monticello we had a 80 bass day, up
to 9 pounds. However, I can beat him bowling... thumb
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 03:28 PM

Fork-Wright, Caldemeyer, Mitchell, Allen, Margraves, and of course some dude named Livesay. Everyone has their favorite or their opinion of best. I have caught more fish, way bigger fish, learned more spots, over many years with Tony Clark, so will give him the nod for "best".

Roberts-I don't know Dannie Golden even though i lived in PP for 16 years, and he has a great reputation. But, Jimmy Walling was there when the lake was impounded, he's primarily a crappie, catfish, sand bass guide now, but he can freakin' catch bass!! He and I were married to the same woman, but not at the same time!!

Any lake-James Niggemeyer-because he might be the nicest human I've ever met. Kinda makes me sick.

Any lake-James Biggs-the absolutely best teacher anywhere, no debate! We all have these egos so we want to catch. If you can put your ego aside, be willing to learn, help yourself for the future-BIGGS
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/28/20 09:41 PM

David is a great guide, he taught my wife to throw a bait caster. Once at Monticello we had a 80 bass day, up
to 9 pounds. However, I can beat him bowling... thumb

Now that's funny!!
Posted By: nb_one

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 02:32 AM

On TB and Rayburn Darold Gleason. Todd Castledine on Rayburn was good too.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ForneySkeeter
Fork-Wright, Caldemeyer, Mitchell, Allen, Margraves, and of course some dude named Livesay. Everyone has their favorite or their opinion of best. I have caught more fish, way bigger fish, learned more spots, over many years with Tony Clark, so will give him the nod for "best".

Roberts-I don't know Dannie Golden even though i lived in PP for 16 years, and he has a great reputation. But, Jimmy Walling was there when the lake was impounded, he's primarily a crappie, catfish, sand bass guide now, but he can freakin' catch bass!! He and I were married to the same woman, but not at the same time!!

Any lake-James Niggemeyer-because he might be the nicest human I've ever met. Kinda makes me sick.

Any lake-James Biggs-the absolutely best teacher anywhere, no debate! We all have these egos so we want to catch. If you can put your ego aside, be willing to learn, help yourself for the future-BIGGS

Use to work with Jim Walling in the 70's .Funny guy , and have fished with him
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP

Use to work with Jim Walling in the 70's .Funny guy , and have fished with him

Fished a bunch with Walling on Ray Roberts back in the day, super super guy, when he got out of the business I started fishing with Lindy Roberts - hated to see him retire, I've been once with Danny Golden and he is great as well.
Fished with Ozio and Pack on Fork and they are both great, Pack is the best I've ever fished with

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 12:23 PM

anyone know if hollice joiner is still alive?
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
anyone know if hollice joiner is still alive?

I still have the old system from long ago where you got a marked map of Fork and a tape where Hollice would take you around the lake and point out the specific spots and how to fish them.
Great system, I really need to find it and watch it again, that is if I can find my 8 track player.

Re: Best fishin guides - 10/29/20 12:58 PM

I miss fishing with him. last i heard he was only golfing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum