Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket

Posted By: KenTx1962

Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/19/20 01:28 PM

Posted By: Polly Gosh Lizard

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/19/20 02:58 PM

Good video, don't know if the average joe would tackle that job. Most of us wouldn't have a heat gun like that. Wife's hair dryer would have to do. Nice to have that video to go by if we do tackle it.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/19/20 08:18 PM

I've done this a couple of times on my Fortrex. It isn't bad, but pay attention to how is comes apart. Go slow. Maybe an hour. Good winter project.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/19/20 08:55 PM

thumb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/19/20 10:42 PM

Been there and done it. Four times now. I’d suggest not wasting the money on the aluminum pivots. They don’t wear out. It’s just the plastic bushings...they break easily if you run into stuff a lot, like I do. Buy a few sets of them. It takes about 15 minutes to swap them after you do it once. Do not add grease, as it only attracts dirt that will cause premature wear. The plastic is all that’s needed.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/20/20 12:13 AM

That works really great,,,,, and about 3 weeks of hard use they're back to squeaking and squealing. The happiest day ever when I pulled the Minn Kota off for the last time.
Posted By: SKEETER-WON23

Re: Fall Maintenance - Repairing Squeaky or Loose Ultrex Bracket - 10/20/20 07:52 PM

i just finished this job 20 minutes ago! I was was questioning "grease" or no "grease" and decided to grease! Wish i would have seen Steez's coment earlier. Thanks for video Ken, really does take about 45 minutes, I did it by myself. Just go slow and take pictures of everything prior to dismanteling, you can always delete the pic's after job is done.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum