Texas Fishing Forum

Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget.

Posted By: prosise

Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 12:52 PM

Me and Mason crossed paths with Steve earlier in the year on Grapevine lake. Mason was putting the boat on the trailer and Steve commented on it. When we were about to leave I asked mason if he wanted to look at his boat. We had a brief visit and Steve gave mason some football jigs and some craw worms. We exchanged contact info and would touch base here and there. He called me at the beginning of the school year asking if mason would like some tackle he did not need. I told him Mason had a rough first couple of weeks with remote learning, and it might be a good idea to encourage him to get caught up. Mason made all A's & B's so I told him to call Jigger and tell him you were ready to talk. Remote learning really sucks, I do not think it was actually possible to do all the work they gave him. He was on the chromebook from 8am to 7:30pm nearly every day. But all ended well. When we got off the lake yesterday I had a voicemail from Steve and he told mason to stop by.. Early Christmas for Mason, and I was speechless on the way home. Mason was absolutely in shock by all the tackle he was gifted. I told him it is yours, and you need to think about what Mr. Lynam did. It was hard to get him to go to bed last night for some reason. Thank You Steve, I really appreciate the kind gesture and look forward to Mason's journey with his love for fishing.. There is one happy 11yr old in this house.. I really need to get organized like Steve's Man Cave, it is really nice.
You would not believe all the stuff in these totes, it is very surprising.

Sincerely & Kudos

Prosise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 01:33 PM

Wow that is awesome, love to see this kind of thing! thumb flag
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 01:59 PM

That’s awesome.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 02:31 PM

I can attest to Mr Steve's generous heart and wanting to help others. He played Texas Hold'em in a poker fundraiser that my son's baseball team held several years back. He finished very high, cant remember if it was 1st or 2nd, but had around $500 that he won. He all of a sudden asked the guy that he beat if he was in the military and the guy said yes. Well, Steve automatically said give my winnings to that guy! Jigger is as selfless of an individual as you'll ever meet in your life. Kudos to you, bro....now take me fishing in that FXR! Mason...I hope you catch a monster with some of those baits. flehan
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
I can attest to Mr Steve's generous heart and wanting to help others. He played Texas Hold'em in a poker fundraiser that my son's baseball team held several years back. He finished very high, cant remember if it was 1st or 2nd, but had around $500 that he won. He all of a sudden asked the guy that he beat if he was in the military and the guy said yes. Well, Steve automatically said give my winnings to that guy! Jigger is as selfless of an individual as you'll ever meet in your life. Kudos to you, bro....now take me fishing in that FXR! Mason...I hope you catch a monster with some of those baits. flehan

He knows his rewards await him somewhere else.... I love this!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 06:03 PM

That’s quite a motivation. I’ll try to be better at work, if someone sends me TONS of stuff! roflmao
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 06:38 PM

thumb
Posted By: buda13

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 06:38 PM

My wife and I have also seen that young man load the boat at Grapevine, does it like a boss!

Way to go Jigger, great thing you did there sir.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
I can attest to Mr Steve's generous heart and wanting to help others. Jigger is as selfless of an individual as you'll ever meet in your life. Kudos to you, bro....now take me fishing in that FXR!

Steve is a great guy no doubt!

He took me fishing in his new FXR and all I caught was a big ole Carp!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/19/20 08:53 PM

Awesome post. cheers
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/20/20 11:44 AM

Steve is one of the greats, has been for the 20+ years ive known him.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/20/20 04:56 PM

Steve is a great guy and one of my best friends smile
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/21/20 12:15 AM

This is why I love TFF-Outstanding gesture!
Posted By: Casting For Cash

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/21/20 01:23 PM

Mad respect for Steve. Awesome gesture. flehan
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Thank You Jigger! Memory Mason will never forget. - 10/21/20 01:24 PM

flehan cheers flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum