Texas Fishing Forum

Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork

Posted By: Bass Champs Staff

Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/18/20 09:31 PM

Aaron Anderson, Carrollton, TX tops over 1100 anglers at 15th Annual Berkley Big Bass on Fork & takes home a New Skeeter ZX 200 - Yamaha 200 SHO with a 6.98

Full results on http://www.basschamps.com

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/18/20 09:45 PM

Way to go junior
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:09 AM

It took just A 7 lber to win..............Fork is dying needs a life line
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:12 AM

Man that fish has a huge head for a 7lber.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:14 AM

6.98. Here comes the wait till the pros go comments ... roflmao
Posted By: 9094

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:20 AM

Since this huge high pressure has landed over Texas fishing has been tough everywhere.
It is surprising only 1 over was caught though.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:21 AM

Fork is dead, RIP!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:45 AM

Fork has been fishing tough here of late. One Over for a two day event of this size is a little eye opening. A bud of mine fishing the event landed a fat healthy 22.5" fish that was 7 pounds. Anytime there is an event with 1100 anglers I always wonder how many slot fish were caught. It's fun to speculate.

I am quite sure Mr. Anderson thinks Fork is fishing just fine. Congrats to the lucky angler!!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:54 AM

Caught 6 WAY unders yesterday and one about 1.33 lbs that I never took to weigh. Targeted new water for me today and managed a 22" toad! Missed one bite yesterday and one today. My third bite today wrapped me around a dock post right before the wind change and my day was shot after that!

So tough 2 days and the wind kept me in certain places today. But I've had worse days out there!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Fork has been fishing tough here of late. One Over for a two day event of this size is a little eye opening. A bud of mine fishing the event landed a fat healthy 22.5" fish that was 7 pounds. Anytime there is an event with 1100 anglers I always wonder how many slot fish were caught. It's fun to speculate.

I am quite sure Mr. Anderson thinks Fork is fishing just fine. Congrats to the lucky angler!!

I caught probably 30 fish in 2 days. 2 really good slots and the rest little dinks. Fork is not what it was but it ain't dead
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 01:18 AM

Sad, really sad....
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 02:29 AM

Congrats on your win Mr. Anderson, looks like you won a beautiful boat there thumb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Congrats on your win Mr. Anderson, looks like you won a beautiful boat there thumb

RIGHT!!! Who’d a thought a 6.98 would be a fish of a lifetime!
Posted By: Rog

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 02:51 AM

This weather has everything all jacked. Didn’t take a coat and froze in 48 degrees Saturday morning. Today it was like summer and wind was cranking. Had been on a school of big unders and high end slots for 3-4 weeks. They turned into 14-15.5 inchers, no slots, Saturday and quit biting for me today. Tossed a 15.5” back in the first hour of day 1 thinking it wouldn’t make......then listened to radio....grrr.....won’t do that ever again during one of these.. Learned lesson and got a rod in hour one today. Lol. Fun times and congratulations to Aaron.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 03:07 AM

Wasn't there a 5.xx over caught during the Sealy BBT? hmmm
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Wasn't there a 5.xx over caught during the Sealy BBT? hmmm

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 12:13 PM

Sure am glad to see a guy like Aaron win it, instead of some flatbilled, tourney shirted wannabe.... bolt
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 09:00 PM

“Fork isn’t what is used to be” people please stop fishing there. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rog
Tossed a 15.5” back in the first hour of day 1 thinking it wouldn’t make...

Lol. A normal 15.5” wins money in nearly every big bass tournament on Fork. Was it deathly skinny or something? You threw money back into the lake, for sure. hmmm
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rog
This weather has everything all jacked. Didn’t take a coat and froze in 48 degrees Saturday morning. Today it was like summer and wind was cranking. Had been on a school of big unders and high end slots for 3-4 weeks. They turned into 14-15.5 inchers, no slots, Saturday and quit biting for me today. Tossed a 15.5” back in the first hour of day 1 thinking it wouldn’t make......then listened to radio....grrr.....won’t do that ever again during one of these.. Learned lesson and got a rod in hour one today. Lol. Fun times and congratulations to Aaron.

Why would you throw back a 15.5 incher. That's a money fish every time
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/19/20 10:40 PM

Everything seems to be tough lately. Elites last 3 stops on really good lakes has been brutal. Rayburn you don't even see 20lb bags hardly. Need some cooler stable weather
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/20/20 12:23 AM

Threw back all type of money fish because we didn't want to minimum cash and thought we would get into some thicker ones - I know sounds a bit weird but the key was crawl to a super slow crawl and I believe that in those events MANY anglers can't wrap their heads around digging in and hunkering down... they let all the movements from others psych them out and Lake Fork and weather and it should be X Y Z and just be still and catch fish - caught about 15 - 20 with about 4 being those 1.5 - 2.07 but again one wanted to move and think it could be more fast and furious - it was not

IDK everyone has a different agenda and game out there in these events. Was fun and any cast was fair game <-- that is what makes this so fun for me. BUT Fork is not dead it is just fishes A LOT smarter than you think!

Using the same bait and looks like technique was in line with above? Found it a bit interesting per website

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rog

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/20/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Rog

Why would you throw back a 15.5 incher. That's a money fish every time

Cause I wasn’t thinking. Caught it and looked at him three or four times and said meh he too small. He was pretty thin. Then turn on the radio and they didn’t pay like four places in first hour. The one I took in the third hour was almost 16” and only went 1.86 and I got bumped. I caught fish all day but just no size. However, I was at weigh line the next morning first thing after I caught that dink and hadn’t had another bite by 7:50. lol Sunday got tough for me.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/20/20 03:42 PM

We had a good weekend actually, with all the crazy wind and weather in all.

We actually just hunkered down in an area and milked it for everything it was worth. I chose to beat up bridges and riprap and we got bit early Saturday morning and right off the bat I hooked into a 17" and 16 1/4" that had my heart pumping. I caught my first under just before 8am and decided to run into weigh-in hoping others were struggling. I finished 15th with a 1.21 and got a reel and there were 6 empty seats left when the hour closed. My brother threw back a couple of small unders he wish he'd kept, so you never know how it's going to go. I was back at the 11am hour but got booted with a 1.85. I was catching them pretty good running a warpig lipless crank bait over the corners of the bridges/riprap and mixing it up with a drop-shot.

On Sunday we were back to doing to same and my brother caught one that that got him 15th in the 8am but after he caught his I had just enough time to make another cast with the warpig and as it deflected off of a rock it stopped in its tracks and started pulling drag. I knew I had hooked into a good one and it seemed like it took forever to get it to the boat. Every time I got it close the fish would take another dive and pull more drag. I babied it like crazy because I just knew it would pull loose but eventually I got it in the boat but she was just over 23". She was big but I didn't have time to weigh her cause I had to get my brothers fish into weigh-in, talk about hear attack and discussed. I caught another 1.88 before the 2pm weigh-in that held on for a rod so all in all it was a good weekend, we stayed busy with all the back-in-forth but it made it fun.
Posted By: wtdii

Re: Aaron Anderson wins Berkley Big Bass on Fork - 10/26/20 12:21 PM

Wow 7lb for the win
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum