Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Lake Motel

Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 03:13 PM

Any recommendation? Just decided spur of moment to make a trip down there to fish starting tomorrow. I will be by myself so a motel with good boat parking would probably suit me best. I have always stayed at Sunbridge Inn but they are currently remodeling.
Posted By: Jtunnell

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 04:38 PM

Falcon Heights Motel & RV Park is cheap, close to the state park ramp, and has a nice little community area. If you bring all your own food, you don't have to worry about driving into town to eat.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 05:17 PM

I would not recommend the OSO. The one and only time we have went, there were people partying with very loud music in the parking lot ALL night and no one would break it up. My speculation is they were group of folks who might be apt to pay/intimidate the local folks into looking the other way.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
I would not recommend the OSO. The one and only time we have went, there were people partying with very loud music in the parking lot ALL night and no one would break it up. My speculation is they were group of folks who might be apt to pay/intimidate the local folks into looking the other way.

This and cats all over the place, we stay at Sunbridge. Sara keeps a pretty nice place and it safe especially with the holiday inn next door and using the same parking lot.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 06:36 PM

Holiday Inn
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 07:53 PM

Second the nomination for Falcon Heights Motel. Some of their rooms even come with covered parking.

Sending a PM.
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 10:03 PM

Only you for one nite. Falcon Heights would be my choice. State Park ramp just down the road. If you don't want to bring your own food. Roma is not that far.
While you're at Falcon Heights ask " 6toe " where the fish are.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1

I've always stayed at Oso. Never had a problem
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 11:26 PM

Sunbridge was good for us
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/16/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/17/20 01:28 AM

Holiday inn
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/17/20 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

This is great place..
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/17/20 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Falcon Lake Motel - 10/19/20 11:31 AM

Is Best Western still open? We used to stay there until Sunbridge opened. I like the back of Best Western, next to the water and outdoor grill. Seemed very secure if there is such a thing. We never got broke into.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum