Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Athens

Posted By: bballbk

Lake Athens - 10/15/20 02:19 PM

Headed to lake athens next weekend for the first time ever to target bass. Anything I should be aware of? Water clarity? typical baits that are working? any idea on what patterns they are on right now? Thanks for any help!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lake Athens - 10/15/20 05:41 PM

Throw an Alabama rig and a crankbait on the southside of the bridge, if they don't bite, start the big motor up and drive around in circles, then try the Alabama rig again, if it don't work, repeat.
That's what Ott does
Posted By: Gruber

Re: Lake Athens - 10/15/20 05:56 PM

We fished it by fluttering a small silver minnow down the grass lines you need spinning and light 6lb test
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Athens - 10/15/20 05:59 PM

^^^^ or you could throw a frog on 65lb braid and hang on.
Posted By: Gruber

Re: Lake Athens - 11/04/20 06:55 PM

Is that a white frog? Since frogs are white on the bottom! A white 6 or 8 inch ribbon tail worm will get violent bites!
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Lake Athens - 11/04/20 07:09 PM

Green pumpkin chatter bait with a black blade, And white trailer. As of two days ago. Just sayin banana
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Lake Athens - 11/05/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gruber
Is that a white frog? Since frogs are white on the bottom! A white 6 or 8 inch ribbon tail worm will get violent bites!

Do you know that for a fact or just guessing again???
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake Athens - 11/05/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gruber
We fished it by fluttering a small silver minnow down the grass lines you need spinning and light 6lb test

This stuff you write is pretty laughable. I’m all for lighter line but the odds of landing a good fish much less a big fish on 6 lb line in the grass are extremely low.
Posted By: DNewt

Re: Lake Athens - 11/05/20 01:12 AM

I was there yesterday for the 1st time, they didn't appreciate any of my offerings
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum