Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 02:24 PM

Can you run it easily or are there hazards? I think it has timber? Been a long time since I’ve fished it. What about coves? Any general fishing advice for fall? Thank you.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 02:41 PM

There are hard stumps from not very far west of the railroad bridge all the way to the Cypress end. You can run safely to the second bridge if you stay in the middle. There is a good running route on the south side also but, its tricky. The east Community cove point is shallow for a good ways out. There is a post on here that shows an aerial of the running lane. Hope this helps some.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 03:39 PM

Trim it high, if you cannot see it then you're good! JK

There is a lane in the "middle of lake", basically from the railroad bridge to 1519
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 03:45 PM

Can run e bank, no problem.
PM sent
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 04:23 PM

Thanks for asking Frank, I was wondering the same thing.
Haven’t been in a long time and don’t want to tear up my new lower unit, LOL
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 05:18 PM

Here is the main boat run.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en_US&mid=1mPsPn-QC_xiHkU8eqdklU2AznLw&ll=33.05303139544025%2C-95.07678075000001&z=14
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 06:03 PM

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 07:18 PM

How is the lake fishing ? Is it better with the gates always open on Monticello ?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 08:23 PM

Lake should be drained
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Lake should be drained

roflmao
Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/14/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNING STRONG
How is the lake fishing ? Is it better with the gates always open on Monticello ?

Nope to that.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/15/20 12:08 AM

Last trip out there was fun for me! Quite a few bass, and caught a handful of crappie for dinner. I’d love to have a waterfront home on Sandlin!! Come on Dillon, you know what I’m looking for 😁😁
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/15/20 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Last trip out there was fun for me! Quite a few bass, and caught a handful of crappie for dinner. I’d love to have a waterfront home on Sandlin!! Come on Dillon, you know what I’m looking for 😁😁

We bought one a little over 2 years ago and just love it out here.

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/15/20 01:08 AM

We are trying to find one under $300k! It’s darn near impossible!
Posted By: DOUBLE T

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/15/20 02:26 AM

We bought on Sandlin in August of 2015 left thd Dead Sea of Lake Granbury and moved here full time in 2018. Love it ! Still learning the Lake and where to be careful. Since Monty closed water level is pretty consistent. Compared to the Lake Lice traffic on Granbury this place is heaven!

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/24/20 05:30 AM

Is the cove that the water district ramp is in wide open? East of the RR bridge?
Posted By: BigVes

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/24/20 11:40 AM

Yes but most of it is no wake
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/24/20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Can run e bank, no problem.
PM sent

Lake runs East-West so the east bank would be the dam. There is a run on the south shore but you have to know where you are going as there are a few trick parts. Not so much now, but if the lake goes down a few feet one point in particular gets dicey. Still passable but I slow down and idle.

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/24/20 01:42 PM

if a LOT of the people slowed down and side scanned the areas they ran on plane.. they would pucker up. there's some huge tree stumps in a lot of the areas I see boats running in now. 2' low and we will start seeing some boat repairs. I crappie fish on some HUGE pecan trees in 30' of water. these trees are 30' wide with big branches. there are only a few areas I run from the middle towards coves. Most the time I idle from the coves to the center lane and run the middle of the lake up to the 21 bridge. then that running lane is funky with a few curves.

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/24/20 02:18 PM

Thanks very much guys!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/25/20 02:33 PM

All of it is no wake past the entry
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Bob Sandlin - 10/25/20 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
All of it is no wake past the entry

The "new" and bigger ramp is on the Fly Ash cove side and only a small part (near the ramp) of this cove is no wake. On the east side as forkduc states is all no wake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum