Texas Fishing Forum

San Angelo, TX fisheries question.

Posted By: IBHUFFY1

San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 04:04 AM

Going to San Angelo in a couple weeks. Taking boat with me. Grandson wants to fish. Any opinions, good/bad about the surronding lakes? Nasworthy, Twin Buttes, OC Fisher, E V Spence? Or should I go further out to Ivey or Amistad?
Posted By: BWG

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 07:42 AM

Hawgs in Twin Buttes. Great fishery.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 11:03 AM

If you're coming here to Angelo your best bet is Twin Buttes. Fishing's tough right now since their starting to transition from summer to fall pattern but in a few weeks it should be back to normal. Best bet would be to fish up spring creek or the middle concho. South pool is good too but getting to it can be a challenge since the EQ channel is getting shallow and there's some hazards coming into it if you don't know your way. OC Fisher is pretty good too but waters so low that you have to back your truck partially into the water to launch, theirs no dock and the bank is pretty rocky.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 11:28 AM

Ivie isn’t fishing well right now, TPWD was here a few days ago collecting water samples to test for GA and send dead carp off for testing.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 12:08 PM

Lakes around here are fishing tough right now but it is only because of the fall transition. Give it a few weeks of cooler weather and I think you will see the fishing pick up pretty good. There are alot of big fish in Twin Buttes, and by big I mean some real monsters. OC has alot of fish as well, and every now and then you can tag a good one, however it is extremely low and pressured. Nasworthy will humble you but every now and again you can have a good day. If you like fishing docks and reeds, that is your lake. I haven't heard much about Ivie lately except that fishing was tough and they were seeing some dead fish.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Lakes around here are fishing tough right now but it is only because of the fall transition. Give it a few weeks of cooler weather and I think you will see the fishing pick up pretty good. There are alot of big fish in Twin Buttes, and by big I mean some real monsters. OC has alot of fish as well, and every now and then you can tag a good one, however it is extremely low and pressured. Nasworthy will humble you but every now and again you can have a good day. If you like fishing docks and reeds, that is your lake. I haven't heard much about Ivie lately except that fishing was tough and they were seeing some dead fish.

Nothing to see here, move along.....
All kidding aside I honestly think Buttes will crank out more monsters then Ivie in the next few years. The bass in Buttes are as fat as footballs. Food supply is awesome.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/14/20 02:43 PM

They are scattered everywhere on Spence and the water is falling. It cools down and they move up for a few hours, the next day its 100 and they move back out. You can catch a few good ones but you have to work for them.
Posted By: Gruber

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/15/20 06:15 PM

What about Brady? I was would take the boy to Travis for Guadeloupe bass
Posted By: catslayer

Re: San Angelo, TX fisheries question. - 10/15/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Josh Seale

Nothing to see here, move along.....
All kidding aside I honestly think Buttes will crank out more monsters then Ivie in the next few years. The bass in Buttes are as fat as footballs. Food supply is awesome.

The next two years... Maybe... The next 5... Ivie will hammer it flat with the spawns it has had... Just more fish I think

Listen to Josh on fishing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum