Texas Fishing Forum

Pair two humminbirds depth finders

Posted By: Crick

Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/12/20 11:31 PM

I am going to pair a 12" and 10" Mega G3n humminbird depth finder, what cable do i need and where is the best price,
Thanks Guys
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/12/20 11:58 PM

AS EC 20E - 20' Ethernet Cable or the AS EC 15E - 15' Ethernet Cable

2ea - AC EC QDE - Ethernet Adapter cables

The prices are basically fixed but you could possibly find a deal somewhere.

Call Humminbird support, the are very knowledgeable and will walk you through everything you need to know. You must have you model #, serial # and software version of each unit when you call so they can instruct you more accurately.

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/13/20 12:40 AM

Thanks so much I will do that, you have a blessed week. I am really enjoying this website. Thanks again.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/13/20 04:34 PM

Contact David at Shut up and Fish, he is a great guy to deal with.

Are you including any additional components, Ultrex, 360 etc?

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/13/20 08:03 PM

No just the units, i have an ultrex,thanks anyway. I ordered form humminbird early this morning. I maybe looking into 360 a little later. When i do i will contact David, Thanks .

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/14/20 12:24 AM

Hey Crick, if you want the Ultrex to talk to the birds you will need a 5 port hub. The hub requires power.
Posted By: rockyp1017

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/14/20 12:29 PM

Factory Outlet sore has the best prices. I just ordered the Ethernet hub and Helix starter kit. Came in within 3 days.

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/14/20 06:21 PM

Skeeter i have my helix connected to my Ultrex to read the mega transducer what else do i need.

Rockyp explain to me why i need the hub and starter kit please.

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/14/20 07:40 PM

If you connect to the hub you can control your Ultrex from the unit itself. It can be handy if there are issues with the Ultrex. I did it when I blew up a lower unit and drove back while sitting down. Remote was dead.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/16/20 11:51 PM

Regardless if you connect the Ultrex or not if you are going to be adding 360 imaging you might as well get the HUB. just getting the cables will connect the 2 graphs but the 360 and the 360 mega both use a network connection as well, they are not like a regular transducer.
Each unit only has 1 port for network on them so you will have to use a network hub to add more than 2 devices.

Jody
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/16/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender
Regardless if you connect the Ultrex or not if you are going to be adding 360 imaging you might as well get the HUB. just getting the cables will connect the 2 graphs but the 360 and the 360 mega both use a network connection as well, they are not like a regular transducer.
Each unit only has 1 port for network on them so you will have to use a network hub to add more than 2 devices.

Jody

No the MEGA 360 does NOT use a network connection. It uses the SI circuits in the unit's transducer plug. It can be shared via Ethernet network.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/17/20 12:01 AM

Thanks I was just assuming I have the 360 and still just want the Mega LOL

Jody

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/19/20 02:44 PM

OK just connected both units, i can see my the spots i markes on my 12 unit on my 10 unit, is there anything that i can do?
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Pair two humminbirds depth finders - 10/19/20 09:16 PM

The User Manuals are online.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum