Texas Fishing Forum

Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch

Posted By: domb1972

Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 05:44 PM

Hi yall , so I've hit Joe Pool and Grapevine lake and I'm not impressed lol I want to fish Lake fork
This Saturday and never been there . Will be coming from Grand Prairie. Where should I launch and any tips would be appreciated. From what I see it's about an hours drive for me from GP .

Thanks in advance
Dom
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 06:02 PM

If it were me...I'd be launching out of Lake Fork Marina and fishing around there.

But I've only fished it twice during the winter. AHAHHAHAHA
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 06:22 PM

I’d suggest going back to JP and fishing Lloyd park. Bounce off the stumps and trees. When you get tired and want more trees to bounce off, THEN go to Fork. Lol

They fish a lot alike.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 07:20 PM

It ain't winter quite yet. Fish should be moving around and getting shallower soon if not already. If you put in at Pope's landing you can fish Mustang, Little Mustang, and get around pretty easy following the boat lanes. I bought Lance Vicks boat lane chip last time out and it's awesome. Minnow Bucket has good burgers on the east side and Tiffanys (Lake Fork Marina) has good food/breakfast on the west side. Good luck! A Zara Spook caught the biggest one for me about a month ago.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 07:42 PM

Oak ridge is good for open water and getting a feal for the lake pretty easy to get from the bridge all the way to the dam and Caney point if you've never been
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 08:25 PM

I just got back from a few days fishing there... a few things:

1. the lake is down...so even with my chip, I was really careful and glad I was!
2. The fishing is tough...but, the weather the past few days played into that...so, don't get disappointed if you don't catch a lot.
3. Stay out of Birch!! its too shallow right now IMO

For a first time goer, my suggestions are put in a Hideaway Harbor...you can fish little Caney and make a full day in there with quality places to fish. Or, Chaney and launch at Chaney Point RV.

Good luck!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
Oak ridge is good for open water and getting a feal for the lake pretty easy to get from the bridge all the way to the dam and Caney point if you've never been

Good food at Oak Ridge & Lake Fork Marina. Oak Ridge is def better for someone that doesn't know the lake tho. There are some big stumps still under water near LFM as you go in or out that can take off your lower unit. If you are struggling at JP you most likely will struggle worse at Fork.

C-rig green pumpkin (insert favorite bait here) in 8-12 feet of water on main lake points will be your best bet.

Good luck & be safe!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/08/20 10:29 PM

launch at fishermans cove, down 17 from 515, about 2 miles s of lake fork marina.

boat lane starts right off ramp, only place on lake that that happens. STAY CLOSE TO THE BOUYS and idle with engine trimmed if off boatlane.

from the cove you can go out to little mustang, mustang or stay in the cove and try there. out and right a little is wolf, IDLE off boatlane, north point/timber can be really good, deep point and variable depth with lots of cover.

out, left, just past 515 bridge is white oak, start on outside points and work in, long neck to right past the docks, spinner, chatterbait, topwater early, weightless senko or trick worm. red or green pumpkin/black or red fleck.

good luck
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/09/20 12:01 AM

Mustang Resort has a very protected launch ramp with a courtesy dock and several places to beach your boat. $5 to launch. I use it when I am launching alone. If you go there, the angle is a little tricky and only the middle of the middle of the ramp isnt silted in.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/09/20 12:26 AM

If you struggled at GV, you will not like fishing Fork.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Need help , Lake Fork , where to lunch - 10/09/20 01:32 AM

Public ramp at 515 & 17 are great ramps on the west side. 515 public ramp on the east side is great too. Both are free.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum