Texas Fishing Forum

Has this happened to you?

Posted By: Micropterus Man

Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 07:53 PM

Hungry Bass[Linked Image]

I was working a10” power worm when buddy in back says he just broke one off on his Wacky worm. I turn to look, feel thump thump, set the hook, swing him in, and to give him back his wacky worm.

Attached picture F90FF37C-6021-452B-A62F-8E718DF2D40E.jpeg
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 08:02 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 08:49 PM

Nice. Two of us; one up front and one in the back, both pitched to the edge of a bush and come out with the same fish with both baits in it mouth.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Nice. Two of us; one up front and one in the back, both pitched to the edge of a bush and come out with the same fish with both baits in it mouth.

Have had exact same thing happen in a tournament. Except we were on front deck team tourny.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 09:39 PM

Yes, in a tournament I lost a 7lber and my buddy fishing with another partner knew I fished the spot and knew my baits. He caught her and said, "Sorry, Okie". I heard it from all the way across the lake.... mad
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 09:48 PM

Bass aren’t very smart when they are hungry. hooked
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper

Let me guess. One of you was using an NRX and the other was using an ugly stick?
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/06/20 10:08 PM

the guide said it was over 17 # after it broke off having picked up both of our shiners at Rodman 21 years ago. She was a giant indeed!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Micropterus Man
Hungry Bass[Linked Image]

I was working a10” power worm when buddy in back says he just broke one off on his Wacky worm. I turn to look, feel thump thump, set the hook, swing him in, and to give him back his wacky worm.

What line were you using to break off on that fish?
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 01:20 AM

Sort of... Working stump row and break off a fish. Sit down and retie, re-rig and a few stumps down get a thump set the hook and there's my old setup minus the tungsten weight... And yes if was a keeper... Dan
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 01:29 AM

I was fishing a Carolina rig in some heavy over got a bite and broke the fish off , I retied and threw almost back in the same spot and got a bite got the fish in a 3 lber and it had my other hook and my line in it’s mouth.
Posted By: MBoehm1729

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 01:56 AM

Me and the wife were fishing some trees and she broke off on what seemed like a pretty decent fish. The next day we're fishing the same area and I get bit. Reel the fish in and it has my bait and her bait and hook from the day before in its mouth. Fish was 4.5lbs.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 11:09 AM

Was fishing a back a few months back about 100 yards or so behind another boat. Watch him break one off. When I got to the spot I caught a nice 4#er with a shiny new Jackhammer stuck in its lip. Guy must have ties a slip knot because there was no line on it.
Posted By: rockyp1017

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 11:56 AM

Wow!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 01:23 PM

That hasn’t happened to me, but I caught a buck bass on a worm, let it go, then caught the same fish on the next cast on a small crank bait casting to the exact same spot.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 01:51 PM

I've caught numerous bass with someone else's plastic in their mouth. Did it once and found my worm from a missed hookset on the previous cast in the bass's mouth. Also caught a 5.5 in a tournament that had someone's worm hook stuck in it's side. I bet whoever had that fish foul hooked thought they broke off a new lake record.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Has this happened to you? - 10/07/20 02:50 PM

Not exactly the same but similar. Was fishing a tourney on OH Ivie many years back and got broken off on a fish in some heavy cover. Came back through there 15 minutes later and my partner hooks a fish. Get it in the boat and my fluke and hook was still stuck in it's mouth.

Now I do have a doozie of a story similar to this on an offshore trip one time back in the late 90's. Was trolling ribbon fish looking for Wahoo one March out of Port A. The right side reel starts screaming, then 30 seconds later we see a big blow up and the left side reel starts screaming. Me and my buddy each grab a rod and the fight was on. It wasn't until about 10 minutes later when the fish was about 20 yards behind the boat that we realized we had been fighting the same Wahoo. She weighed 84# and tasted GREAT.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum