Texas Fishing Forum

MLF Coming to Waco

Posted By: stinkbait69

MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 07:14 PM

Saw this on Dave Lefebre facebook that MLF is heading to Waco, heard they are going to fish Waco-Whitney-Belton, sometime now in October. Not sure if that true or not. Not sure if that link works if not check out Dave Lefebre fishing on Facebook.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/DaveLefebre/posts/3327590587349150[/img]
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 07:37 PM

popcorn
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 08:03 PM

There goes the neighborhood
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 08:20 PM

True. My brother has pics of the MLF boats lined up a hotel in Waco.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 08:22 PM

Are there any fish in those lakes?
Posted By: buda13

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 08:52 PM

Awesome... IMO they will wreck em at Whitney, Waco and Belton will be dink fests with a few good ones mixed in.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn
True. My brother has pics of the MLF boats lined up a hotel in Waco.

Which one? I agree with buda but in a month they would wreck them a whitney and the winter/spring would be ugly, october I'm not so sure
Posted By: 361V

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 10:08 PM

Heck, and Whitney has been my little secret throughout this COVID thing! đŸ€”đŸ€«đŸ˜‚
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Are there any fish in those lakes?

Yes
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/02/20 11:52 PM

I'll be honest I hate that they are going to whitney and hope they don't really catch them like when they went to Kurth but with this full moon who knows
Posted By: beartrap

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 12:34 AM

alton and alton,jr. ought to do well...
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
Awesome... IMO they will wreck em at Whitney, Waco and Belton will be dink fests with a few good ones mixed in.

Wow! TPWD lists Lake Waco as "excellent" for LMB! I have never been, so I wouldn't know. Guess we'll have to go somedat.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap
alton and alton,jr. ought to do well...

I'm sure those two lobbied for it but don't think they are there if this is the Heritage cup which I think it has to be since its the only one Lefebre is listed as making https://majorleaguefishing.com/standings/ Ott ought to do good if you have watched his hunt for monster bass episode filmed there

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by buda13

Wow! TPWD lists Lake Waco as "excellent" for LMB! I have never been, so I wouldn't know. Guess we'll have to go somedat.

Thats a bit dated, it was excellent a dozen or so years ago when they raised the flood pool and it was like a whole new lake with new flooded timber. Its leveled out and even declined since they put hybrids in there.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 04:05 AM

thumb
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 04:17 AM

fish cheers fish
Posted By: JoshT254

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 06:30 AM

Be interested to see what they pull out of waco. I've caught some nice fish at whitney in the past. But i honestly can't remember the last nice one i pulled out of Waco. Was probably before they raised the level.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 03:26 PM

Spring it usually takes around 28 - 30 lbs to win a 5 fish tourney on Waco. This time of year it's probably closer to 20. Of course they're going for numbers, so who knows what they'll come up with?
Posted By: junk baits

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Spring it usually takes around 28 - 30 lbs to win a 5 fish tourney on Waco. This time of year it's probably closer to 20. Of course they're going for numbers, so who knows what they'll come up with?

^^^^^This is correct.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 09:45 PM

Any reports of seeing MLF guys on any of those three lakes? I wonder if they wait for Mon.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/03/20 10:08 PM

No but I saw elsewhere on facebook they pulled a tourney permit for Aquilla so maybe that is there final day lake. But with catch weigh release would they need a permit hmmm
Posted By: no catch

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 04:56 PM

They are on Belton...

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 08:44 PM

Does that mean they have to be on Belton tomorrow? And then 2 more days after that or can they change lakes after everyone has fished a lake once?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 09:06 PM

River on whitney will be busy....
Posted By: Stick um all

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 09:50 PM

They were on lake Belton this morning. I saw wheeler’s boat with a camera
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stick um all

It’s good that you guys will get to see someone with his experience break down a hometown lake. Unless they catch them really good and everyone flocks there.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 10:35 PM

He wouldn't be in his boat. This is a cup event. They should all be in MLF boats

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

He wouldn't be in his boat. This is a cup event. They should all be in MLF boats

I took it to mean they saw Wheeler in his MLF boat.
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 10:54 PM

Wife and I were doing a little crappie fishing on Belton today. We saw a bunch of those guys running around. Several had a cameraman with them.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/04/20 10:59 PM

When does it start?
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 12:19 AM

There were quite a few anglers with camera crews in the boat today on Belton. I’m guessing MLF.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Maybe they changed it this year, I know Ike on his podcast said he and several of the other anglers were lobbying to be able to use their own boats in the cup events

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by DBGSIG
When does it start?

Apparently already has, I don't think they get practice days for the cups, its just a ride through right before they start the clock. It looks like these are 6 days long and they fish of 3 different lakes. Just and educated guess but tomorrow and tueday should also be on belton, they will move to another lake wedneday-thursday and another lake for the championship day friday.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 02:21 AM

I guess they aren't doing mlf live?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 02:54 AM

Might be a "Special Event" since it isn't listed on the website? hmmm

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 03:12 AM

filmed in the dark https://majorleaguefishing.com/pres...l-sports-programming-saturday-april-4th/
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 11:52 AM

Them Waco boys are gonna be cryin’ again. Except this time, it ain’t gonna be the boys from DFW fishing “their lake”. It’s gonna be the best hammers from around the world! Hahaha.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Them Waco boys are gonna be cryin’ again. Except this time, it ain’t gonna be the boys from DFW fishing “their lake”. It’s gonna be the best hammers from around the world! Hahaha.

Yup and those Hammers are going to expose some spots that will be hammered for a long time in the future.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 12:24 PM

If they try to run around aquilla there will be some lost lower units for sure!

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by crankbait745
If they try to run around aquilla there will be some lost lower units for sure!

Whack! roflmao
Posted By: irbf

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 01:57 PM

Don't think MLF has ever been live. It was BPT.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 02:18 PM

BPT is MLF
Posted By: nwest10

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 05:38 PM

The MLF cup events are recorded for TV at a later date. This one will probably come out in April 2021 on the Outdoor channel. BPT is the only one that is currently held as a live event online.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 06:10 PM

MLF is the "real" or rather original show, not the BPT. It's never been live.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

The invitation only original show and the Selects no longer exist. Again BPT is MLF as are these cup events, in fact FLW is now MLF as well.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by JacksonBean

The invitation only original show and the Selects no longer exist. Again BPT is MLF as are these cup events, in fact FLW is now MLF as well.

"Cup Events" are the original MLF format that you see on TV. It's not BPT.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 09:21 PM

SMDH the tour and cups are both MLF format. Anybody see them on Belton today?

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/05/20 10:13 PM

I think you're shaking your head too fast. Let me try to help. Here's the BPT format:

Day 1: Qualifying Round, Group A

Forty anglers compete and advance
Total weight carries to Qualifying Round Day 3
Day 2: Qualifying Round, Group B

Forty anglers compete and advance
Total weight carries to Qualifying Round Day 4
Day 3: Qualifying Round, Group A

Forty anglers compete
Day 1 + Day 3 = total weight
Anglers who finish in 2nd-20th place advance to Knockout Round (Day 5)
Winner advances straight to Championship Round (Day 6)
Bottom 20 anglers are eliminated
Day 4: Qualifying Round, Group B

Forty anglers compete
Day 2 + Day 4 = total weight
Anglers who finish in 2nd– 20th place advance to Knockout Round (Day 5)
Winner advances to Championship Round (Day 6)
Bottom 20 anglers are eliminated
Day 5: Knockout Round

Thirty-eight anglers compete
Zero weight to start
Top 8 anglers advance to Championship Round
Bottom 30 anglers are eliminated
Day 6: Championship Round

Ten anglers compete
Zero weight to start
Highest total weight wins

Here' are the MLF Cups which keep the format of the original show, completely different from the Live BPT event format. Four MLF Cup events will be shot in the dark and produced for television. Each MLF Cup event will result in six, two-hour television shows that will air on the Outdoor Channel. Thirty anglers will compete in each MLF Cup event, based on the points they accumulate during MLF Bass Pro Tour events.

Challenge Cup
Heritage Cup
Patriot Cup
Summit Cup

Days 1-3 = Elimination Round 1-3
10 different anglers will compete each day to catch the highest weight
The Top 6 anglers with the highest weight daily move on to Sudden Death

Day 4-5 = Sudden Death Round 1 & 2
Anglers race to a pre-determined Target Weight
The first 4 anglers to hit the target weight daily move on to the Championship Round

Day 6 = Championship Round
Eight anglers compete to catch the highest weight
At the end of the day, the angler with the most weight wins the Cup event
The Top 3 anglers in each MLF Cup event earn a spot in the General Tire World Championship

If it's still confusing after this consult the MLF website or contact Big O for a more detailed explanation.

Yes.... They were on Belton again today. wink

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 01:33 AM

MLF format is catch weigh release all fish count biggest weight wins, its all the same to me whether bass pro tour or summit/challenge cup

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 06:12 PM

Any sightings today?

I saw no one on Waco this morning.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 06:45 PM

They’re both the same format, but they are not the same thing. As mentioned, BPT is streamed live online, then packaged for TV and shown on TV at a later date. BPT is the top-level competitive circuit, that follows the style of the original MLF as far as every fish counts. The MLF Cup Events are essentially qualifiers for the General Tire World Championship. Cup events are the original MLF; BPT is the top tier circuit and runs a little differently, while still having every fish count (as long as it weighs at least 2 pounds).

https://majorleaguefishing.com/mlf-101/

The link above says for BPT:

After the Bass Pro Tour streams live on MajorLeagueFishing.com, it will be produced for television and result in 13, two-hour episodes that will air on the Discovery Channel.

The link above says for MLF Cup Events:

MLF Cup events will be shot in the dark and produced for television. MLF Cup events follow the original MLF format.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 07:49 PM

Group 3 should be on Belton today, tomorrow and thursday they should be on a different lake, and then another friday my guess is waco whitney or waco aquilla. On the World Championship they axed that this year with the covid shortened season, Redcrest is the sole big championship event for them now
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

They’re both the same format, but they are not the same thing. As mentioned, BPT is streamed live online, then packaged for TV and shown on TV at a later date. BPT is the top-level competitive circuit, that follows the style of the original MLF as far as every fish counts. The MLF Cup Events are essentially qualifiers for the General Tire World Championship. Cup events are the original MLF; BPT is the top tier circuit and runs a little differently, while still having every fish count (as long as it weighs at least 2 pounds).

After the Bass Pro Tour streams live on MajorLeagueFishing.com, it will be produced for television and result in 13, two-hour episodes that will air on the Discovery Channel.

MLF Cup events will be shot in the dark and produced for television. MLF Cup events follow the original MLF format.

MLF is a bit of everything. On some tours they get practice, on some they don’t. Some they are in one boat that you recognize, some they are in provided boats and you have no clue. Some they openly promote fish care by catch/weigh/release, some are five fish that they allow puncture cull clips and cullling of dead fish. Some they stream live, some they package for later. Some are called Cups, some are qualifiers, some are super tournaments, and some are regular season. Some have one set of anglers, some have another set.
And they are all MLF. It’s simple, just go to their website and look at the info. It’s conveniently located now since they moved it from some of the information in one place and some of the info in another.

Make sure you check it often because very little stays the same for long with MLF.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/06/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

MLF is a bit of everything. On some tours they get practice, on some they don’t. Some they are in one boat that you recognize, some they are in provided boats and you have no clue. Some they openly promote fish care by catch/weigh/release, some are five fish that they allow puncture cull clips and cullling of dead fish. Some they stream live, some they package for later. Some are called Cups, some are qualifiers, some are super tournaments, and some are regular season. Some have one set of anglers, some have another set.
And they are all MLF. It’s simple, just go to their website and look at the info. It’s conveniently located now since they moved it from some of the information in one place and some of the info in another.

Make sure you check it often because very little stays the same for long with MLF.

roflmao Sometimes they can bounce a fish around on the carpet, toss a fish back in the lake, and hug a fish with no repercussions. But that's only when there isn't some guy in a doofus referees shirt in the boat.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/07/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by texasAUtiger
Any sightings today?

I saw no one on Waco this morning.

They were on Belton 10/6.
[Linked Image]

I'll be out there on 10/7 and post update.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/07/20 02:28 PM

That cedar ridge ramp? Anyone see them on waco today?

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/07/20 06:32 PM

Saw one of the MLF trucks at Cabelas there around noon.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/07/20 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
That cedar ridge ramp? Anyone see them on waco today?

Yep Cedar Ridge. Didn't see any of them out their today 10/7.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/07/20 10:48 PM

They must be staying in downtown Waco. I saw a bunch of them there, along with the GoPro and Power Pole trailers.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 02:21 PM

Their hub is as the convention center, theres lost of posts on facebook of people doing meet and greets. They were told the lakes wiil be within 45 minutes so they either fished stillhouse, waco, brazos, whitney, aquilla, navarro mills or mexia yesterday and today

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Their hub is as the convention center, theres lost of posts on facebook of people doing meet and greets. They were told the lakes wiil be within 45 minutes so they either fished stillhouse, waco, brazos, whitney, aquilla, navarro mills or mexia yesterday and today

I did not see them on Waco or Whitney yesterday.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 06:20 PM

Launch em into the Brazos. Let’s see what they got!
Posted By: Bryson18

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 07:24 PM

Does anybody know what lake they fished today?

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Launch em into the Brazos. Let’s see what they got!

Hey the right time of year lake brazos below waco kicks out some big single fish I haven't seen giant 5 fish limits though
Originally Posted by Bryson18
Does anybody know what lake they fished today?

Haven't heard where they were at today or yesterday all I know is it wasn't belton, I wonder if they don't go to Tradinghouse for the final day

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 07:54 PM

I wonder if they don't go to Tradinghouse for the final day

Lord have mercy if they go to that mud hole.

Whitney is too good to pass up IMO, especially right now.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 08:26 PM

They have a history of choosing smaller lakes for the final day, its only 8 guys I think, maybe its aquilla
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 08:36 PM

They need to stay away from Aquilla - nothing to see there... Go to Whitney

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/08/20 08:42 PM

Those guys will catch them in a bathtub they will make any lake look better than it really is for the average angler. I say stay away from whitney and tradinghouse, aquilla sucks big time for me personally
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/09/20 02:33 AM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/09/20 05:54 AM

its suppose to be belton, waco then whitney...ive heard that they caught them good at belton but waco was a little slow

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/09/20 01:13 PM

I supposed whitney is today, I just saw Wheeler on waco drive headed to the Interstate so I guess he didn't make the final round

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/09/20 01:48 PM

They are on whitney right now if anyone wants to check it out

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/09/20 05:47 PM

Yup they are on Whitney. Went out of Uncle Gus’s Marina.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 10/10/20 01:00 AM

Talked to a guy in Waco this evening and he said he saw them on Waco and a ref/boat official said they were on Waco Wed and Thu. I think today on Whitney was the championship.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/14/21 09:05 PM

Anyone know when they are airing this one??? Heritage cup I think.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/14/21 11:15 PM

it's not they are putting them in a live well and dragging them to some remote weigh in site.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/15/21 01:39 AM

It’s way to secret for me to follow.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/15/21 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
it's not they are putting them in a live well and dragging them to some remote weigh in site.

waa? hmmm
Posted By: OleMissPharmacy

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/23/21 08:04 PM

Does anybody know when this will air on TV?

Thanks.

Re: MLF Coming to Waco - 01/23/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by OleMissPharmacy
Does anybody know when this will air on TV?

Thanks.

I bet Warren(big o) would know. He keeps up with everything related to MLF
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum