Texas Fishing Forum

Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation

Posted By: texasfisherman1

Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:09 AM

Hallman posted this video: Vid

Start watching around 2:10, where he fastly approaches a boat fishing the mouth of a narrow creek and tells him he's going past him. I'm wondering everyone's opinion on this situation and ones similar. He seemed very aggresive, almost hit the guy with his trolling motor. I personally would have been ticked. Maybe I'm missing something
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:34 AM

My opinion and others can disagree. The guy in the mouth was fishing the mouth, Hallman has the right to go around and head to the back; but I don’t like the way that he charged the guy. He came off a bit arrogant by his demeanor..
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:35 AM

Hallman said it; 223 boats on the lake. The guy was blocking the creek.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:35 AM

Ok... man can do anything he wants . Just got to be ready to deal with the consequences. Just old school red neck from Okla by god Homa
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by texasfisherman1
Hallman posted this video: Vid

Start watching around 2:10, where he fastly approaches a boat fishing the mouth of a narrow creek and tells him he's going past him. I'm wondering everyone's opinion on this situation and ones similar. He seemed very aggresive, almost hit the guy with his trolling motor. I personally would have been ticked. Maybe I'm missing something

I don't know how far they were from the back of the creek but i don't see anything wrong with it. But if the creek only went another 50 ft then yes. But the other guy seemed ok with the way it went
Posted By: Jman

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:43 AM

Don’t see any issues. Looks and Sounds like they worked it out fine.
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:44 AM

again its all in perspective. might be 50 yards or 500 yards. makes a difference. i would never cut by a guy like that. i think thats kinda chicken [censored]. on the other hand they seem to work it out respectively which is rare..
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:54 AM

I didn't like anything about it. Very disrespectful in my opinion. He should have found a different creek when he saw the guy fishing at the mouth of the creek. I would have hit some other spots and come back to this area later.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:08 AM

Total doosh move.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:09 AM

I have no problem with the way that was handled.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:12 AM

Typical creek fishing. The other guy was trying to block the creek, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That wasn't either one of those guys first rodeo, perfect way to handle it.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:15 AM

Depends on how much water was back there, the guy was probably trying not to disturb the water. Then Hallman aggressively approached the dude and he held his own. The best part was when hallman agreed to let the dude go to the back and then he asked again if he could go to the back. The last parting shot was ill not fire my big motor... he knew he could wreck that water. All hallman could do was give him a thumbs up.

But they handled it well
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:20 AM

That creek was clearly not a good place to be.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:30 AM

I think that went about as well as it could considering all the the different ways to look at it. I do think Hallman didn't realize how aggressive he was in his approach but also had enough sense to realize it was best to give that guy 1st choice. Also wonder if it could have gone different if he didn't know the co on the guys boat.
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:38 AM

shady AF
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by gut hooked
shady AF

The guy anchored in the mouth was pretty shady.
You can't block a creek, some of those aluminum boats could proudly go on 10 miles up that creek
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:53 AM

I know the creek they were in. It goes a LONG way back there maybe even a mile back. It was handled well by both of them, Hallman said it made him feel awkward which is probably why it appeared awkward how he approached the guy. The guy stood his ground to which was totally fine because Hallman did just charge up on him but they settled like adults and a good example to learn on.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 03:01 AM

No big deal! thumb
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 03:17 AM

That was really no big deal at all
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 03:38 AM

In the video he says it is a huge creek.

I think it was handled fine by all involved.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 09:05 AM

I would say that Hallman guy got way inside of some ones personal space in a very aggressive way, without permission or invitation. That's very rude and I guess being in the big tournament entitles him to be that way.
Rayburn is a huge lake.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 10:30 AM

This thread just shows how many people look for something to get offended by. Neither one of them did anything wrong
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 11:40 AM

Which creek was it? I see your point that the guy poled down may have been out of line.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 12:36 PM

So Hallman mentioned that the other guys Co came to him about the situation that evening. Has anyone seen the other angler complain about this or was this just Hallman getting some clickbait for his you tube?
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:36 PM

Much ado about nothing. Those Pro’s know each other and the Co in the back of the other guys boat is Billy who is a travel partner with Hallman, Castledine, Scott Martin, and Andrew Upshaw.

Posted By: Wormin

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
So Hallman mentioned that the other guys Co came to him about the situation that evening. Has anyone seen the other angler complain about this or was this just Hallman getting some clickbait for his you tube?

Hallman stays in the same house as the Co-angler of the other boat. Billy from Scott Martin's channel.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:38 PM

rayburn is a big lake no sense in coming in an crowding another angler like that sometimes folks with stickers an patches all over them think they are entitled for a move like that he should ad massengill to his sponsors.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:43 PM

Nothing wrong. That creek is at least 3/4 of a mile long and the guy was blocking the mouth. yeah Hallman came in faster than he probably should have but he was planning on going right by the guy. Thats typical small water creek fishing. Sound like a bunch of guys on here are the "its MY spot my brushpile" guys.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:43 PM

This is a big nothing burger. Just seems like people like posting videos like this looking for drama on a forum.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 01:57 PM

I really didn't see a confrontation there.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherdad58
I would say that Hallman guy got way inside of some ones personal space in a very aggressive way, without permission or invitation. That's very rude and I guess being in the big tournament entitles him to be that way.
Rayburn is a huge lake.

Offended and cry "victim" much?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 02:40 PM

I thought it was handled fine.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 05:13 PM

I couldn't see any issue here. Guy thought he was being wronged for a second. They discussed, came to a mutual solution and moved on.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 06:41 PM

Came in a little hot...but they handled it well. Classic case of stir the pot about nothing.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 07:03 PM

Handled exactly as it should have been.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 07:31 PM

Yeah, I would say came in a little more hot and a little more arrogant than I would have done in a tourney, but kudos to Hallman for posting it and putting it out there for discussion vs sweeping that bit of footage under the rug.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 07:50 PM

I believe this thread is proof (Video) as to why every so often you hear about situations escalating into bad situations on the water. The responses from some see it one way and some see it another way. I'm not going to lie that would have made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. Glad they worked it out.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 09:55 PM

at least it worked out for him after all he finnished 124th or so.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/01/20 10:59 PM

I wouldn’t have pulled up on the guy like that, but looks like they worked it out
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 01:03 AM

The only things I see are the speed at which he came in, and he could've just asked rather than telling him, "this is what I am gonna do!"

Just stylistic differences...
Posted By: mudd

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 01:08 AM

Not the first time I’ve heard his name over run ins before. Maybe he had a bad day
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 02:47 AM

That wasn't even a run in, IMO.

Bradley went to go around him (you don't have to ask to do that... the first guys doesn't get to reserve a creek by fishing its mouth). The guy didn't even really push back, and Bradley quickly said hey you were here first, so you get first pick: mouth of the creek or the back of the creek, but you can't have both (which is totally reasonable).

Nothing to see here. Everything was cool.
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 05:21 AM

No harm no foul, you can't block a creek miles long so only you have access to it. However, I would side with the guys already fishing if they didn't have their poles anchored and the creek is that tight all the way back.
It doesn't really apply in this case, but when I encounter someone I intend to go around I always ask them if they want me to go around on the outside or inside.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 09:05 AM

click bait that's working.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

exactly
thumb
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by John Peebles
No harm no foul, you can't block a creek miles long so only you have access to it. However, I would side with the guys already fishing if they didn't have their poles anchored and the creek is that tight all the way back.
It doesn't really apply in this case, but when I encounter someone I intend to go around I always ask them if they want me to go around on the outside or inside.

I will take a minute and speak with them , assure them that I am going way up or back I won’t do the get a hundred yards ahead and fish play without them inviting me to do so. And that’s only if I am fishing at a much faster pace.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by River Man
I didn't like anything about it. Very disrespectful in my opinion. He should have found a different creek when he saw the guy fishing at the mouth of the creek. I would have hit some other spots and come back to this area later.

This... he would not have liked my answer if he came up to me like that. That creek was wide enough for one boat and first come first served....find another spot on a really big lake and quit being a turd!
Posted By: C130

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 04:50 PM

I definitely wouldn't approach someone in front of me at that speed and almost hit their boat, that's the issue I see. The conversation was handled pretty decent, probably better than I would have handled it but it got resolved and nothing out of hand. I guess it could have been handled a little more diplomatic but I'm not the best at that either. I just don't like going in front of someone because I sure don't like it when someone cuts in front of me. If the guy is just sitting there with power poles down then I'd ask what his/her plan is.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 09:09 PM

I would have announced my intentions and come to an agreement before approaching within casting difference. Definitely wouldn’t have been rubbing rails with the guy.

Don’t think the guy was attempting to block a creek. He was fishing a narrow creek and happened to be in the middle.

Thought you had to ask permission before you approached another boat within a certain distance? Guess it doesn’t apply if in the right of way.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 09:32 PM

Definitely a [censored] [censored] thing to do. I understand not blocking the creek, but talk to the guy before you come blowing in there and almost crash into his boat. Courtesy goes a long ways. If he says he has as much "creek" fishing experience as he says he does, he should know that communication goes along way prior to creating a confrontation (which in this case was avoided, but very narrowly and only because the other guy was overly nice).

If I was the other guy and he came in on me like that I would explain to him that I'm not "blocking" a navigable waterway, I'm just navigating my way to the back very slowly and fishing as I go. He could either fish behind me in that creek or go find another creek (based on definition, as long as the boat is moving I wouldn't be blocking anything). Based on draw, he would get it first the next day.

If I was in his position and I saw a boat at the mouth of the creek, I'd have never even tried to get in there no matter how long it was... creek was way too narrow.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
Yes he came up on the guy to fast and aggressively but was handled fine. Hardly a newsworthy confrontation. But I agree w/Chasin Hogs^^^^^. Bradley doesn’t care one bit about what I think about the incident....only cares that I “click”!

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bullet20XrD
Definitely a [censored] [censored] thing to do. I understand not blocking the creek, but talk to the guy before you come blowing in there and almost crash into his boat. Courtesy goes a long ways. If he says he has as much "creek" fishing experience as he says he does, he should know that communication goes along way prior to creating a confrontation (which in this case was avoided, but very narrowly and only because the other guy was overly nice).

If I was the other guy and he came in on me like that I would explain to him that I'm not "blocking" a navigable waterway, I'm just navigating my way to the back very slowly and fishing as I go. He could either fish behind me in that creek or go find another creek (based on definition, as long as the boat is moving I wouldn't be blocking anything). Based on draw, he would get it first the next day.

Yeah, that wouldn't have worked at all.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:37 PM

If I was in his position and I saw a boat at the mouth of the creek, I'd have never even tried to get in there no matter how long it was... creek was way too narrow.

Lol
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:43 PM

Little gamesmanship, it happens
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:44 PM

[align:right][/align]

Boat wasn't moving. His poles were down. I view the definition of that as being anchored. Now Hallman did say that he thought the guy was anchored because he broke off. I agree he came in hotter than he should have.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/02/20 11:52 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: yamaha runner

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/03/20 12:10 AM

When he was on the big tour, would he have approached Kevin or Clunn the same way? I doubt it....
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/03/20 01:37 AM

I thought it was handled well. The boat actually was blocking the entrance. He was anchored with his PP. Both guys handled it very well.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/03/20 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Rayburn is a huge lake.

Nope...but can't tolerate rude behavior(like you're exhibiting right there). Something has to be said about it.

If those guys know each other then it's perfectly normal behavior.
As it's been said. Click bait.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/03/20 08:27 AM

He almost made the top 100. I guess it was worth it.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 12:45 PM

Rayburn is a huge lake.

Nope...but can't tolerate rude behavior(like you're exhibiting right there). Something has to be said about it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 01:04 PM

That creek is very long prolly more then a mile behind him. I feel like the guy agreed because he knew he cannot stop him from going around.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 05:00 PM

He needed to be boatramped, and then drug to the back of a long and winding creek.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 06:16 PM

Rayburn is a huge lake.

[Linked Image]
https://youtu.be/wLAY15lB4I4
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 11:38 PM

I can see why he only caught one bass in that creek.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/05/20 11:50 PM

Bingo. I sure fell for it.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/06/20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
He needed to be boatramped, and then drug to the back of a long and winding creek.

I can set up a scenario where you could attempt that Okie, and I'll even post the results here.
roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/06/20 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by Okie Poke

I can set up a scenario where you could attempt that Okie, and I'll even post the results here.
roflmao

roflmao roflmao No seriously, the dude did nothing wrong other than he encroached a little too aggressive. roflmao roflmao

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/06/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

We all did.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/06/20 08:35 AM

Offended and cry "victim" much? [/quote]

As it's been said. Click bait.[/quote]

[Linked Image]

[/quote] https://youtu.be/wLAY15lB4I4
[/quote]

That's Awesome. The guy that wrote those lines must have known my Grandpa. Or maybe he just understands normal Texan behavior.

I don't know what that cartoon is about but Dougee must have his hat on backward.

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/08/20 02:30 AM

As it's been said. Click bait.[/quote]

[Linked Image]

That's Awesome. The guy that wrote those lines must have known my Grandpa. Or maybe he just understands normal Texan behavior.

I don't know what that cartoon is about but Dougee must have his hat on backward.
[/quote]

Huh? Do you have a "keep off my yard" sign?
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/08/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

We all did.

I feel so dirty now !
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Bradley Hallman - Rayburn Confrontation - 10/09/20 01:32 PM

Yawn...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum