Texas Fishing Forum

I’m Confused

Posted By: racing75

I’m Confused - 09/29/20 01:02 AM

I’m confused, which shouldn’t come as a surprise, but what pattern should I focus on for fall fishing? I see people talking about the shad in the creeks and I see some talk about the crawfish. Hmmm. So far I’ve had no luck on either. Still getting bit some on senkos however.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: I’m Confused - 09/29/20 01:28 AM

Be fishing at twilight. All I got.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: I’m Confused - 09/29/20 01:37 AM

Throw it all
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: I’m Confused - 09/29/20 01:48 AM

The shad imitation bite will pickup as it gets cooler, craw imitations better bet right now. This fall transition has been funkier than most for other guys I have talked to.
Posted By: yamaha runner

Re: I’m Confused - 09/29/20 02:08 AM

Two weeks ago I was catching numerous 3-5 pounders in a foot of water at a local lake and it was easy, but end of last week, those fish were nowhere to be found so I had to go figure out a different way to catch them. Had nothing to do with ‘Fall pattern’. Just Go fishing and quit listening to people tell you how and where you should be catching them and figure it out. All lakes are different and nobody warns the fish it’s Fall now👍
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: I’m Confused - 09/29/20 11:20 PM

Mid September to the end of November has always been the hardest time period for me to figure them out. You read and hear so much about the "fall transition." "Find bait--find fish." "Fish feeding up for winter." I've personally never experienced this to be true in Texas. I'm sure someone will come along and say "you just don't know what you're doing," and I guess that's kind of what I'm admitting in terms to the fall bite.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: I’m Confused - 09/30/20 01:25 AM

Square bill, sexy shad, all year.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: I’m Confused - 09/30/20 01:50 AM

Jig or creature spring & winter a crankbait and spinnerbait the rest of the year.maybe a slowwwwwww spinnerbait in dead of winter early spring
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: I’m Confused - 09/30/20 05:23 AM

Some of my best days have been in the fall. Smaller baits, slower retrieve, more finesse, and less light.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum