Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma smallmouth

Posted By: formula462

Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 05:21 AM

I am taking some family to striper fish the 3rd week of October but I like to bass fish and I have never caught a smallmouth. Any tips for hooking up with some there ? Thanks for any info
Posted By: Bass_Fanatic

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 02:29 PM

Run to the south end and fish the cuts in you right. Throw a squarebill and a spy bait around rock points and you’ll catch one
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 02:56 PM

Throwing a grub down around Eisenhower and the surrounding coves or rock bluffs is usually good for a smallie or two (and any other species that may hit!). I like Arkansas Shiner as a good color but sometimes they want some chartreuse in the grub.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 02:59 PM

Freeline shad around rock walls dropping in to deep water.
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 03:38 PM

Same area others mentioned around Eisenhower. Jerkbaits and small swimbaits work well along the rocks.
Posted By: Trinette

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 05:44 PM

Where to catch smallmouth in Texas#1367891608/24/20 07:36 PM
Check out this thread, some of the Anglers have some good info about Texoma have fun and go gettum!
fish (i caught mine with a Whopper Plopper 🎣 )
Posted By: FinallyGotABoat

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 08:08 PM

The areas mentioned above are great, but if you are mid Red River arm around Highport, don't hesitate to fish from Highport east to Austin College beach area. If North winds keep you off that and Eisenhower you can try Caney Creek area on the Oklahoma side, you can hide from the north wind there.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/22/20 08:40 PM

now I am craving some smallies! A skirted hula grub on a football jighead used to work years ago. I found my old box of them, just for Texoma, about a month ago.
Posted By: russb

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/23/20 01:14 AM

Throw a smaller square bill, 1.5 size around any rock or rip rap shoreline you find. They may not be big but you’ll catch some. Don’t over look the boulders on the Oklahoma shoreline in the mid lake area.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/23/20 03:14 PM

If I lived in Godley and was going specifically for smallmouth, I would go to Stillhouse. Largemouth are probably schooling like crazy now too.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Texoma smallmouth - 09/23/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by russb
Throw a smaller square bill, 1.5 size around any rock or rip rap shoreline you find. They may not be big but you’ll catch some. Don’t over look the boulders on the Oklahoma shoreline in the mid lake area.

+1
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum