Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter FX cooler lid

Posted By: Jobie99

Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/20/20 11:52 PM

After going through 3 Skeeter ZX225 cooler lids I switched to the FX lid. The cup holder came as a separate piece. Wonder if anyone who has an FX can tell me how their cupholder is mounted to the lid.

Thanks,
Joe
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 12:12 AM

[Linked Image]

2 screws

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 12:14 AM

Only reason I know is because I lost the first set of cup holders I had after adding to my ZX, dealer didn’t screw them down.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 12:39 AM

Most only go thru the cooler lid from being too rough with them.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 12:49 AM

Zx cooler lid is junk
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Zx cooler lid is junk

So is the old (pre 2017) FX Cooler Lid!

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:27 AM

Thanks Minner Bucket! Are those screws or do they have lock washers underneath?

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:33 AM

Only screws, just eye ball and make sure you have plenty of glass to screw into. Dealer sent me those screws with the cup holder. Weidas marine.

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:34 AM

Underneath the cup holder is 2 spots for screws also but I didn’t do that, just the 2 on top

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:35 AM

Thanks Minner

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:43 AM

YW, much better than the ZX garbage, just wish Beorne Marine would have secured the cup holders when they installed. Those cup holders by themes are hard to find.

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 01:49 AM

Lol, they gave it to me in 2 pieces when I picked it up the other day
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 07:32 PM

For those that have changed their Zx lid, what is the difference? I have a 2016 Zx225 and have thought about replacing mine but it hasn't broke yet. Thanks.

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 07:37 PM

SkeeterK, I have a 2010 and the lid is hard plastic and the hinge is made of plastic. I have broken three lids. The FX lid open from front to back, has a metal hinge and the seat itself is a rubber coated cushion instead of hard plastic
Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jobie99
SkeeterK, I have a 2010 and the lid is hard plastic and the hinge is made of plastic. I have broken three lids. The FX lid open from front to back, has a metal hinge and the seat itself is a rubber coated cushion instead of hard plastic

I have a 2011 ZX200...You didn't have any issue with installing the FX lid, did you? I didnt know if there was any trouble with the older models. I've been looking to make that upgrade.

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 10:39 PM

Much more stable, hinge is better, no pinched cable, plus it has cup holders, Skeeter really needs to re think the ZX cooler lid. And I see they did the same thing on the new ZXR, except they did add cup holders.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Much more stable, hinge is better, no pinched cable, plus it has cup holders, Skeeter really needs to re think the ZX cooler lid. And I see they did the same thing on the new ZXR, except they did add cup holders.

The cooler lid on my ZXR20 sure seems better made and a bit more stable. Same design but seems better on this boat. I love the built in drink holders. I am not a fan of the screw on drink holders. One misstep and its getting ripped off the lid.

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

The cooler lid on my ZXR20 sure seems better made and a bit more stable. Same design but seems better on this boat. I love the built in drink holders. I am not a fan of the screw on drink holders. One misstep and its getting ripped off the lid.

Mark, I agree the glassed in cup holders was a positive step forward. However, why not make it an option to have the fxr cooler lid as an option on the ZXR, to get rid of the seat cushion? I doubt many people buying the ZXR or ZX for that matter utilize the center seat cushion. Yes it’s removable, but then you have the cheap lid underneath. I love my boat but the cooler lid is a mistake on Skeeter.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/21/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Mark, I agree the glassed in cup holders was a positive step forward. However, why not make it an option to have the fxr cooler lid as an option on the ZXR, to get rid of the seat cushion? I doubt many people buying the ZXR or ZX for that matter utilize the center seat cushion. Yes it’s removable, but then you have the cheap lid underneath. I love my boat but the cooler lid is a mistake on Skeeter.

The way the cushion connects to the fiberlass in the ZXR is for sure not my favirite. The 2 plastic slides with grooves looks funny when cushion is not attached. They are also gonna be a collection area for dirt etc. I will probably remove those and get the screw holes filled in if I ever take boat to the fiberglass shop for work.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/22/20 01:30 AM

Yeah I had the cable pinched a few times. I took the seat cover off, then removed the cable and rotated the entire frame (6 screws) so that the lid opens from the front. So far it has never opened flying across the lake.
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Skeeter FX cooler lid - 09/22/20 04:18 PM

My ZX225 is only 5 months old and had to replace lid, under warranty but still a pain. I noticed on install the cable lanyard was anchored in a way that didn't support the lid when open, allowing the lid to "over open" causing it to spread out the very weak hinge and let it pop out. I attached the new one making sure it would not allow lid to open so far. I will definitely change to the FX model when they stop giving me free warranty lids, but in the mean time hopefully this small adjustment will prolong its life.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum