Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps

Posted By: rickys

Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/20/20 09:34 PM

Guys, I'm a captain for a HighSchool team that will be at Lewisville next Saturday. What are the best boat ramp options? The tournament goes out of Little Elm. We used that ramp last year, but try to avoid the crowds if we can. Last year we called a few places like Pier 21 and were told they would leave the gate open so we could use their ramp. It was not successful. Thanks for all the help!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/20/20 09:44 PM

Avoid the Crowds, but beware the Dirt Roads at Doe Branch.

Try checking with Cottonwood Creek Park Marina to see if you can pay to launch. Those put you on the right side of the lake...

DKB
Posted By: rickys

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/20/20 10:52 PM

Thank you David!
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/21/20 04:54 PM

Are they requiring you to leave from the Little Elm ramp or are they allowing you to leave from any ramp and go to your first spot and give you a start time for lines in?

If the latter, there are a bunch of ramps on the west side that haven't been to crowded early in the morning.
Arrowhead is a good ramp and hasn't been to busy early. At takeout, they may all be busy, depending on the weather.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/21/20 06:58 PM

From my understanding, they are not requiring to launch from Little Elm at least our HS tournament this past Saturday did not. We launched somewhere else and trailered in for the weigh in.
Posted By: HitEmTrue

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/25/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by DBGSIG
Are they requiring you to leave from the Little Elm ramp or are they allowing you to leave from any ramp and go to your first spot and give you a start time for lines in?

If the latter, there are a bunch of ramps on the west side that haven't been to crowded early in the morning.
Arrowhead is a good ramp and hasn't been to busy early. At takeout, they may all be busy, depending on the weather.

From the information sheet on Texas High School Bass Association's website:
"Take Off: EVENT WILL BE TRAILERING. Boats may not enter tournament waters until 4 am.
After 4am teams may leave the ramp of their choice on tournament day with running lights on,"

First cast at 7 am.

I'll be launching out of Little Elm Park on October 3...so this thread had me searching for the meaning of "next Saturday" in this thread. smile

Good luck to rickys' team!

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/25/20 02:35 PM

Little Elm park was a zoo at weigh-in last weekend for our HS event. Get there early or you'll be in the park.
Posted By: TexY3TI

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/25/20 02:38 PM

Also...Little Elm police are hunting for people not paying the ramp fee. A BUNCH of guys got hit for a $165 ticket that didn’t pay the ramp fee at Little Elm Park.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/25/20 02:40 PM

THSBA went to trailering several years ago. Gives the captains more options to launch and eases congestion at ramps.
However, you MUST swing by and check in when you get off the water - regardless of if you have fish or not. There were a few teams last season that didn't do this and I believe that failure to do so this year will have some pretty heavy consequences for the anglers and captains.

Re: Lake Lewisville Boat Ramps - 09/25/20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

THSBA went to trailering several years ago. Gives the captains more options to launch and eases congestion at ramps.
However, you MUST swing by and check in when you get off the water - regardless of if you have fish or not. There were a few teams last season that didn't do this and I believe that failure to do so this year will have some pretty heavy consequences for the anglers and captains.

That is correct. You MUST and I REPEAT MUST check in at the event. They are now given bracelets to return at weigh in at their designated tent or check in desk for the team. Soon they will be handing out boat chips as well so it has multiple check points.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum