Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard

Posted By: D.Brock

Ray Hubbard - 09/14/20 05:14 PM

Headed out to Ray Hubbard next weekend. Have only bass fished this lake one other time several years ago. How has the bass fishing been out there. Any tips for next week would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: D.Brock

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/15/20 07:22 PM

Nothing?
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/15/20 07:30 PM

30 rocks
Posted By: Gruber

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 01:40 PM

Most bass in hubbard are under 2 pounds and there is tons of them on the I30 riprap, I fish a 5 foot fairly stiff spinning rod with 6 pound mono and small 1/8 oz. Or less shad pattern a 2 inch rapala or a small spinner are good a weightless 3 or 4 inch white twitch worm is good but the best bait ive found isxa 1 inch white grub fished slow and steady at 2 ft deep along the riprap. Enjoy
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gruber
Most bass in hubbard are under 2 pounds and there is tons of them on the I30 riprap, I fish a 5 foot fairly stiff spinning rod with 6 pound mono and small 1/8 oz. Or less shad pattern a 2 inch rapala or a small spinner are good a weightless 3 or 4 inch white twitch worm is good but the best bait ive found isxa 1 inch white grub fished slow and steady at 2 ft deep along the riprap. Enjoy

roflmao
Posted By: ForneySkeeter

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 05:25 PM

Have had some success with a wacky senko or texas rigged brush hog 4 or 5' outside the rocks along 30. Not exciting, but you should catch fish that way. With little action on the bait. I love squarebills, but haven't caught much with them on Hubbard. But, I've heard others do well along the riprap.
Posted By: RaptorRunner

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 06:24 PM

When I lived in the area it was Rocks, Marinas and The River. I would be surprised if that has changed.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 06:37 PM

in the morning push up and fish the rocks in the 5th and less range, as it heats up and sun moves above, work the outside edge of the rocks
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/16/20 09:48 PM

I was out there a few weeks ago and the shad were already starting to move shallow. I would fish the dam and the rocks going into Three Fingers. I caught a few decent fish on a Pop R early and a Texas rigged Hammer craw.
Posted By: MAC67STANG

Re: Ray Hubbard - 09/17/20 12:27 AM

Rip Rap
Posted By: Gruber

Re: Ray Hubbard - 11/03/20 09:49 PM

It’s a new kind of music!
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum