Texas Fishing Forum

Power finesse

Posted By: MemphisBelle

Power finesse - 09/14/20 10:55 AM

Everyone covers water with the typical power techniques. But has anyone on here used finesse techniques to cover water to find fish? If so, what’s your favorite technique to do it with?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Power finesse - 09/14/20 12:45 PM

Weightless TxRig Senko
Posted By: 361V

Re: Power finesse - 09/14/20 01:07 PM

Drop Shot and Shakey Head with M/H rod, 15-20lb line and 1/4oz and up weights pretty regularly. Thinking that would fall into “Power Finesse” category. These techniques definitely don’t have to reserved for exclusively light line, small bait, slow presentations.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Power finesse - 09/14/20 02:52 PM

I often times "power shot" which is a variation of drop shot

M/H baitcast rod
40+ braid main line
14 lb flouro leader
3/16 oz + Tg weight
Posted By: mwbasser

Re: Power finesse - 09/15/20 01:27 AM

Swimbait
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Power finesse - 09/15/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
Drop Shot and Shakey Head with M/H rod, 15-20lb line and 1/4oz and up weights pretty regularly. Thinking that would fall into “Power Finesse” category. These techniques definitely don’t have to reserved for exclusively light line, small bait, slow presentations.

Two of my “searchbait” techniques as well. I like a 3/8oz Owner with a Zoom trick worm. I throw them on a Falcon lizard dragger (7’ heavy/fast), with a Steez 103 spooled with 17lb InvisX.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Power finesse - 09/15/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by 361V

Two of my “searchbait” techniques as well. I like a 3/8oz Owner with a Zoom trick worm. I throw them on a Falcon lizard dragger (7’ heavy/fast), with a Steez 103 spooled with 17lb InvisX.

Love a red Zoom trick worm on a shakey head.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum