Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone using P-Line CX ??

Posted By: Hair Jig

Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 04:31 PM

I'm thinking about going to P-Line CX (CXX is too stiff) because of the availability of fluorescent. Anyone using it and how do/did you like it?
Posted By: saibling

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 05:09 PM

lot of memory, Don't use anymore, not a bad line does have lots of memory
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 05:14 PM

I use the fluro coated Pline and really like it. Less memory than most I have used.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 06:23 PM

I use CX for jerkbaits and lighter shaky heads. Good line, very manageable.
I use CXX a lot, but only for leaders.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 06:31 PM

Also take a look at YoZuri Hybrid. 10 or 12 is tough and supple enough for most applications
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 07:15 PM

Yozuri Hybrid is good line also, very similar properties as CX premium.
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 07:23 PM

Yozuri not offered on Fluorescent clear. Gotta have the clear blue properties.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 07:54 PM

I have used the CX for the last 20 years. Best line out there in my opinion.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by saibling
lot of memory, Don't use anymore, not a bad line does have lots of memory

CX Premium does not have a lot of memory. CXX does but it is very strong line.

I don't have any issues with CXX in 15# test and less.
Posted By: JWRid

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/13/20 10:42 PM

Used P Line CXX, to much memory but tough line then switched to P Line Floro Clear. Much less memory, clear in the water and almost as tough as CXX. I also used CX Green Moss color but now Floro Clear exclusively.
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/14/20 03:15 AM

In my opinion it is a great line for crankbaits and jerkbaits. Low memory and lasts forever. It has the right amount of “stretch” to it I like to have when fishing baits with treble hooks. It has too much stretch for Texas rig, jigs, etc.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/14/20 10:59 AM

P Line Premium CX is the only line I use other than braid. No issues with memory or stretch and I have 10, 12, 15, 20, and 25 lb spooled on rods in the boat at all times. I use the KVD line conditioner, not sure how much of a difference it makes as far as memory goes, but I go months without having to respool and usually fish 2-3 days a week.
Posted By: nb champ

Re: Anyone using P-Line CX ?? - 09/14/20 06:16 PM

After multiple eye surgeries and partial vision loss in one eye I'm still blessed to be able to fish. I learned I needed the clear, blue flourescent color to better detect line movement,casting angles, etc.. After trying Stren I found both CX and CXX worked better for me and is easier to find. As several have already stated the CXX is a little more "wiry" in the heavier strengths < 15 lb but I primarily fish Falcon and Choke so I'm willing to trade suppleness for toughness. When using 12 lb, I've been pretty fortunate in straightening out the treble on my square bills when one barb gets hung in the brush. Saves a few "lost lure" bucks now and then.........
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum