Texas Fishing Forum

ALX rods

Posted By: ezbassin

ALX rods - 09/07/20 12:28 PM

Has anyone used ALX rods and if so, what other rod brand do they compare to and what is your review of the rod you have.
Posted By: fisherinok

Re: ALX rods - 09/07/20 05:43 PM

ALX rods are talked about alot on BBC. I have never had one but plan to have one from their custom shop built in the future. Their custom shop is supposed to be very reasonable if you want to make changes. I just like full handles on longer rods.

Anyway the general consensus that I have gleemed is:
1. Sensitivity at their price point is excellent and rivals any rod line being made at the $225 price point
2. Not as sensitive as a G Loomis GLX, maybe Dobyns HP or Shimano Expride (which seem to be more liked than any $260 rod I have heard of) level sensitivity.
3. Balance is not as balanced as a Dobyns but better than a G Loomis (the 893/894) longer ones. Generally no one really complains about it.
4. Fit and finish is considered really good.
5. The new Enox rods get great reviews from Gary at Tackle Trap

The rods that seem to get rave reviews are the Deputy, Toadface and Dragger.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: ALX rods - 09/07/20 06:59 PM

Thanks for the information.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: ALX rods - 09/07/20 09:47 PM

I have 2 Ikos for top water and chatterbaits and love them.ill probably sell a few of my other rods a replace with ALX😀
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: ALX rods - 09/08/20 03:29 AM

Like my Dragger a lot that I got for bigger Trigs/jigs and could be a good Crig rod if you prefer shorter lengths. Good hookup ratio, casts a mile and sensitivity very similar to my Champion XPs
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: ALX rods - 09/08/20 05:41 PM

Have a few ALX rods for quite some time...the post above with the details is about spot on.

They are a great rod for the price point and have many features that rival others.

My favorite rod is their Deputy. It's versatile as I use it for a few presentations, mostly for worming and jigs. But I have used it for medium swimbaits and other things requiring a bit more oomph.

- AJ
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum