Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Fishing Belton

Posted By: coachmatt

Bass Fishing Belton - 09/04/20 01:08 PM

The last time I was on this lake was 10 years ago and I remember nothing about it. From google maps it is a river system lake. Does it fish anything like Whitney? I have been on that lake several times. It would give me a general idea of how the lake fishes. Same structure, cover, water clarity etc. Any general info would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Bass Fishing Belton - 09/04/20 01:20 PM

I've never fished Whitney, but Belton is very clear water until you get north a ways. We fished and caught a few on topwater right away, then all we could catch them on were two things, Neg rigs and weightless senko's.
Find the grass stick up and fish them pretty heavy, that and deep channels and structures.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bass Fishing Belton - 09/04/20 01:22 PM

No not really, more pressured due to military base and two bigger cities closer by, the fish run smaller on average there, tons of smallmouth (yes whitney used to but not anymore) and gin clear water because of zebra mussels which whitney doesn't have... yet. I wouldn't even put them is the same ball park right now.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Bass Fishing Belton - 09/04/20 02:12 PM

Whitney is the lake that I fish the most often. I have fished at Belton 2 times this year, and to me it's very similar to Whitney. As you stated, it's a river system lake and the structure of it is just like Whitney.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum