Texas Fishing Forum

Whatsup with Conroe

Posted By: bayshorebrawler

Whatsup with Conroe - 08/30/20 06:46 PM

We headed out this Sunday morning before daylight turned into scotts ridge an low an behold the ramp is closed for some odd reason I guess the ramp has a virus. We wound up at April Plaza, fished rip-rap, boat docks points drop-offs you name we fished it. We threw top-waters finesse drop shot Carolina rigs everything and only got one small hit on a bulk head. We very rarely get skunked out of three weekends with one 3 lbr. last week. We ran to the north end of the lake an nothing anybody else fishing Conroe finding it's getting tougher to fish
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/30/20 08:43 PM

I haven't fished during daylight hours since the first of June, so I'm no help. I have had some really great night trips this summer, though
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/30/20 09:10 PM

Scotts Ridge has been closed since Covid first shut everything down.

It's the dog days and that doesn't help the fact that Conroe is never easy anyways. The lake has also had more traffic on it this year than any other year, don't know if that effects much but I would think so...
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/30/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBranham

It's the dog days and that doesn't help the fact that Conroe is never easy anyways. The lake has also had more traffic on it this year than any other year, don't know if that effects much but I would think so...

What he said.

The only fish I can find consistently (1 per trip, maybe 2!) have been on boat docks right against the bulkheads.
Posted By: C130

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/30/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter_Ed
Originally Posted by JBranham

What he said.

The only fish I can find consistently (1 per trip, maybe 2!) have been on boat docks right against the bulkheads.

You got the Mega 360 and still can’t catch them. roflmao I might go out Tuesday, went fly fishing yesterday In Colorado. 70 degrees where I fished, caught my first trout on a fly rod.
Posted By: texastkikker

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/31/20 03:54 PM

I was there 3 weeks ago and caught them on rip-rap on a pop-r top water between 6:30-8 AM 3 days in a row……had to head back to house for dad duties early! Tried to find them in deeper water in the late afternoons in brush in 10-15’ FOW to no avail. Guess I wasn’t deep enough…….I am not a really good deep water fisherman and don’t have enough deep brush marked yet.

Brother was there this past weekend and his 15 yr. old caught them up early mornings on rip-rap. He caught 7 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Only 1 @ 4 lbs. Rest 1-2 lb’ers.

Conroe is a tough one, but that’s where the house and boat are so that’s where I bass fish unless its private ponds! Hardly ever hear about it on here.......
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/31/20 05:43 PM

[/quote]

You got the Mega 360 and still can’t catch them. roflmao I might go out Tuesday, went fly fishing yesterday In Colorado. 70 degrees where I fished, caught my first trout on a fly rod. [/quote]

Okay so I go out with it and spend maybe 3 hours fishing, catch 2 and I get busted!! Sorry dog!
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/31/20 05:52 PM

Wake boarders and wake surfers.
Posted By: C130

Re: Whatsup with Conroe - 08/31/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter_Ed

You got the Mega 360 and still can’t catch them. roflmao I might go out Tuesday, went fly fishing yesterday In Colorado. 70 degrees where I fished, caught my first trout on a fly rod. [/quote]

Okay so I go out with it and spend maybe 3 hours fishing, catch 2 and I get busted!! Sorry dog![/quote]

Hey, at least you went out! All I’ve done is talk about it, just too freaking hot. Your two is probably two more than I’d catch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum