Texas Fishing Forum

Bassboat question......

Posted By: reeltexan

Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 12:40 PM

Who makes a nice boat these days with something other than gray carpet?
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 12:52 PM

Bass boats cost more than my first house. carpet color? Makes not a lick of sense. What color would you prefer? Black would be good for frying bacon, white, nope because it would turn grey anyway, any other primary color would probably be a slow seller at a dealer. Probably should order the BOAT you actually like the best with whatever color you want.

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 01:14 PM

It's just a simple question. I didn't expect to get attacked. All I see is gray carpet in boats.
Does anyone out there, with a lick of sense, have a civil answer?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 01:30 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 01:52 PM

You can order any boat with any color of carpet you like.
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 02:57 PM

My boat came with red carpet and I will probably go with red again. Unfortunately the boat mfg does not have the original color so I am going to have to try and get a close match in aftermarket.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

It's just a simple question. I didn't expect to get attacked. All I see is gray carpet in boats.

My sincere apologies. I did not intend to hurt your feelings. My reply was to suggest that you may be better off picking out a nice bass boat for many other reasons other than carpet color, then figure out how to order it with the color you want.

What is a good color for a horse? Any color a good horse comes in. I don't buy horses based on their color. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me to buy a boat based on color of the carpet. Thats all friend.

Who makes a nice boat these days with something other than gray carpet?

Every "nice" bass boat manufacturing company.

Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 03:07 PM

Attacked? roflmao
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 03:07 PM

Bring back the hunter green carpet of the 80's and 90's
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 03:38 PM

Get seadek
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Collis
You can order any boat with any color of carpet you like.

And I'm sure you can order replacement carpet in any color... Just go to a bass boat manufacturer's website and go to the Build a Boat tab and click a way... Dan
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 04:17 PM

Beige light tan color
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 04:35 PM

Phoenix offers 3 colors....gray, ash and sand.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 04:44 PM

It’s all about selling and reselling. Grey is the optimum color for sales, use, longevity, and appearing clean(even if it ain’t). Resale values are better with neutral colors. Boats sell faster with neutral colors. It’s pretty much, like said, common sense and economy of color palettes.

When’s the last new car you saw with red or green carpet? Not counting Bentley, cause they will build anything if it’s paid for in advance.

Did you know that there is pretty much two headliner colors offered by all car manufacturers. One is called “light neutral”. Haha.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/30/20 04:52 PM

Not sure who still has them available but intracoastal models had no carpet. Otherwise Safe Floor!
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 03:04 AM

Beige would show dirt/blood, but sure is a lot cooler than gray or dark gray. I kind of like my center console that's white and I can power wash clean.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by One fish Bill
My boat came with red carpet and I will probably go with red again. Unfortunately the boat mfg does not have the original color so I am going to have to try and get a close match in aftermarket.

I thought only one person orders boat with red carpet......and he’s about to go pro. Red is his first name. Ranger is his last.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 02:31 PM

Just got my first boat with carpet. It's grey and it's frickin hot.
Posted By: Fishinchristian

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 03:27 PM

look up Ken Smith on Youtube he's going through Bass boats right now and rating them. Pretty informational, but I don't think carpet color was one of the criteria
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 03:49 PM

I follow the "darker = better" on boat carpet. Boat carpet stains easily, fish will drop on it, thrash about, blood sometimes gets on it, etc...

I like the darker charcoal colors because it hides it better. Now I'm also a neat freak, so I tend to wipe and wash my boat more than others.

Re: Bassboat question...... - 08/31/20 03:50 PM

But....let's say you're a big A&M fan. You know how they are.

He might want a white hull with maroon carpet.

To each his own.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum