Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota edge

Posted By: Jchssm47

Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 12:08 AM

My boat came with a 45lb edge. Deploying it is no problem, but bringing it back up is a pain to get it to unlock. Is there a certain way to pull the rope? Any tips or tricks? Sometimes it takes 15-20 min to unlock.
Thank you!
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 12:12 AM

Spray the locking mechanism with some silicone you will be very happy with the results. Mine was the same way it made a ton of difference.

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 12:40 AM

I will this weekend, if I take the spare off I can deploy and stow it in the drive way and spray it down
Thank you!
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 12:47 AM

Same advise I would give except I use white lithium spray.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 01:14 AM

I used to put my foot on top of the mounting bracket when pulling on the rope. The extra weight pushing down a bit would help release it.

Jody
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 02:16 AM

That above, plus look at the mount when deployed. Make sure it’s not tweaked “ not level” might be binding on a pin on one side if it’s not mounted right. Just a thought.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender
I used to put my foot on top of the mounting bracket when pulling on the rope. The extra weight pushing down a bit would help release it.

Jody

When mine binds this is what I do also. When my maxxum died I went to and Edge 70, all I could really afford, those things are not cheap at all. Wish I could afford an ultrex. Someday1
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/28/20 01:29 PM

Like others have said, just put a little pressure on the top of the bracket with your foot as you go to pull the rope. Fortrex and Ultrex are the same way. The silicone trick my work too, but I don't know how long that silicone will stay??

Re: Minn Kota edge - 08/31/20 03:31 AM

It was too hot this weekend I didn’t want to take the cover off and the spare from the trailer but I want to do some fishing this week since we have cooler weather after tomorrow I will give all theses suggestions a try and report back in a few days thank you all for the input!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum