Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek

Posted By: bbassfishes

Cedar Creek - 08/25/20 03:49 PM

Curios if anyone has any info on how the lake is fishing? I don't need any tips, just wondering if it's worth me making the 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive this weelend. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Posted By: RyanLaw

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/25/20 04:50 PM

I was there last weekend for 2 days. Water is down quite a bit and was nearly 90 degrees. Fished all the brush piles I knew and couldn't get a bite. Went to main lake points and had small success. The pleasure boats were awful all weekend.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/25/20 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RyanLaw
I was there last weekend for 2 days. Water is down quite a bit and was nearly 90 degrees. Fished all the brush piles I knew and couldn't get a bite. Went to main lake points and had small success. The pleasure boats were awful all weekend.

For me Cedar Creek is strictly a Winter lake now. The combination of one billion wake boats and solid retaining walls make it dang near unfishable. Broke my front graph off last time I was out there.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/25/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by RyanLaw

For me Cedar Creek is strictly a Winter lake now. The combination of one billion wake boats and solid retaining walls make it dang near unfishable. Broke my front graph off last time I was out there.

^^^^This 100% Truth! The entire lake gets to rocking due to the Boob Haulers.. LOL
Posted By: RyanLaw

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 12:00 AM

It’s a tragedy that the lake is like that now. There are quality fish in it but the dock owners act like the lake is private property and the pleasure boats make it unfishable after 9 am.
Posted By: wsimpson

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 12:39 AM

Tougher than normal especially with the weekend crush. Water is also falling but rain is forecasted for tonight and tomorrow. Noticed several trailers at the island launch this AM - is there a TX this weekend?
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 01:18 AM

I spent a few hours out there the other weekend. Had a decent trip fishing brush piles in 15-20’ using finesse baits. Biggest was 6.5. Brush piles were all main lake with bait around them.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by wsimpson
Tougher than normal especially with the weekend crush. Water is also falling but rain is forecasted for tonight and tomorrow. Noticed several trailers at the island launch this AM - is there a TX this weekend?

despite the wake boats - there is a tournament there every weekend
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 04:34 PM

Was out there this past weekend, fishing was brutal for us. Tried south end of the lake where i normally have summer success without even a sniff, tried north end a different day and caught 1 small 10incher and a 9lb gar. In total spent probably 8-10hrs fishing. I dont think ill be going back until the water is much cooler, pleasure boat traffic is tough and that lake gets to rockin. There were a few humps i wanted to fish but i just couldnt get on them or they were covered up in white bass fisherman trolling back and forth
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Curios if anyone has any info on how the lake is fishing? I don't need any tips, just wondering if it's worth me making the 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive this weelend. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I like Cedar Creek but I am not sure I would drive thst far to fish it this time of year. Probably some better options instead.
Posted By: Casting For Cash

Re: Cedar Creek - 08/26/20 08:48 PM

Everything these guys say is spot on. Water low, bite tough and the pleasure boaters and jet fleas are horrible. I live about 5 minutes from the ramp and I go someplace else.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum