Texas Fishing Forum

T-rig vs jig

Posted By: BassfisherHTX

T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 02:03 PM

Curious to see what y’all like more if you could only throw one. The Texas rig just has not been doing it for me lately and the jig has been shining. If you could only use one which one is it and why.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 02:18 PM

If could only throw 1, T-Rig because I catch more fish. Jig catches bigger fish, but I'm more of a numbers guy. I just enjoy catching numbers more than fishing for hours trying to catch a big.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 02:36 PM

Throw the one you have confidence in
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 03:07 PM

It has been my experience that on any given day/night one will out-fish the other...so I go out with both tied on.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 03:07 PM

In most cases the T-Rig will put more numbers in the boat.

But I have seen a few instances where I was catching a fish in nearly every bush on a jig and buddy in the back was struggling with a T-Rig Crawfish, Worm, and Brush Hogs. I was catching 2-3 to his 1.

After I stuck a 6# and lost a 4# at the boat, he said give me a jig. We then both started catching equally.

For a long time I struggled to get bit on a jig and would hang up way to often. Now its a confidence lure for me.
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/24/20 11:28 PM

T-Rig personally because I believe it is more versatile what you can throw with it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/25/20 12:39 PM

I'm a big fan of the rubber bobber stopper, tungsten weight, punch skirt and hook. You have the added bulk of the skirt like a jig but the weedless qualities of a T-rig. Plus there are countless colors of punch skirts on the market. I like these a lot. This setup is also much more snag-resistant than a jig of the same weight.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Dirty_Jigs_Punchin_Skirt_2pk/descpage-DJPCHSK.html

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/25/20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 21sammy
T-Rig personally because I believe it is more versatile what you can throw with it.

What can you put on a t-rig that you cant put on a jig?
Posted By: NateRich5797

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

A fluke would be one.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 04:48 PM

I see what you're saying, but a fluke on a 1/4 ball head jig can be great.
16 inch worm would be silly on a skirted jig because the hook probably wouldn't be long enough; but who knows, it might catch a huge bass that's never seen that presentation before.

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by NateRich5797

A fluke would be one.

You need to broaden your horizons.
Posted By: NateRich5797

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 07:18 PM

A fluke would be one.

No thank you.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 10:56 PM

A fluke would be one.

Have you fished a jig with a fluke as a trailer?
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/26/20 11:14 PM

I fish a jig with a fluke as a trailer all the time.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 02:31 AM

Jig. I catch bigger fish and I’m not usually interested in lots of little fish. Texas rigs catch lots of fish, but they’re not usually as big as the ones I stick on jigs.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 03:45 AM

Only one... Jig every time

But sometimes one gets bit better
Posted By: CoreyHAL

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 05:34 AM

I have always been a bit confused by the “confidence” theory! Are these fish looking up at you slump shouldered and not biting because you aren’t bouncing your pecs? Anyone that’s ever thrown a new lure, or altered a bait to be creative can’t be overflowing with confidence. If confidence is what caught fish we would all have a deck covered in rods with beetle spins tied on

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 05:28 PM

Fish appreciate confidence and good looks, along with a great sense of humor and plenty of $$ to flash around and spend on pricey boats and equipment. That’s why guys using $400 rods catch sooooo many more fish than us stubble bums using cheap-o $40 poles. Fish are gold diggers and vain.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Fish appreciate confidence and good looks, along with a great sense of humor and plenty of $$ to flash around and spend on pricey boats and equipment. That’s why guys using $400 rods catch sooooo many more fish than us stubble bums using cheap-o $40 poles. Fish are gold diggers and vain.

Great. So, do you use a jig or Texas rig?

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 07:16 PM

My $400 rods don't help me catch more fish but they darn sure make me look better trying.

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Since you obviously missed my brilliant and insightful response earlier in the thread, I’ll repeat so you don’t have to suffer finger strain from scrolling back to the last page (you’re very welcome).
A jig.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Since you obviously missed my brilliant and insightful response earlier in the thread, I’ll repeat so you don’t have to suffer finger strain from scrolling back to the last page (you’re very welcome).
A jig.
Thanks. I’m kinda busy screwing off at work right now. Thinking a out where to fish tomorrow, what’s for dinner, etc. no time to scroll through 9+ responses.
cheers
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/28/20 09:52 PM

I just wish someone made blue fleck skirt material like tbe Berkeley color.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/29/20 03:06 AM

T rig 20 to 1....all my life
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: T-rig vs jig - 08/30/20 02:38 AM

I agree w Mark Perry
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum