Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Bream Beds in August?

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Fishing Bream Beds in August? - 08/24/20 01:00 PM

Fishing bream beds is something I have never spent much time doing. Saturday I was out at Palestine playing with my new mega 360 imaging and trying to work through some interference issues I'm having. Anyway, in the process I found some bream beds that were absolutely loaded with bream. Ended up catching quite a few bass off of the first set of beds. Tried a few other areas that were similar and sure enough it was a pattern you could run. No monsters, but some good 3lb fish in several areas. Isn't it a bit late for bream to be spawning? I know they often spawn several times per year, but I have never seen them loaded up spawning in mid to late August. I guess I just never had the electronics to notice it as these were isolated areas that would be near impossible to side scan. Just goes to show you that there are often lots of things going on that we never notice just running water blind.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fishing Bream Beds in August? - 08/24/20 01:01 PM

Pretty common they just spawn deeper than May June. I've seen them well into Sept on Rayburn
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Fishing Bream Beds in August? - 08/24/20 01:19 PM

Last week I saw som bedding on lake Houston. Shallow water.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fishing Bream Beds in August? - 08/25/20 01:00 PM

Coppernose bluegill spawn 3-4X a year if conditions are right. That's why the private lake owners love them. Excellent food source for the big basses!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum