Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance vs Humminbird

Posted By: i-Fish

Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 01:00 AM

Talking their respective flagship units. I've been a Lowrance user but the new Nitro pro package builds come fitted with birds. So....what do you love/hate about Lowrance (I'm currently using the older HDS Gen 3's) and for you bird guys what do you love/hate about them? Thanks!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 01:14 AM

I have gen 2 Lowrance units on my boat because I have used Lowrance units for over 30 years. In the past I liked the sonar on the Lowrance units better than the Humminbird units. It always looked sharper to me, but that was way back then. I think Humminbitrd has better images than the Lowrance units in today's market. The new Humminbird and Garmin units have amazing detail. Very sharp. If I was to do it all over I would choose Humminbird and Garmin.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 01:32 AM

Too many bad reviews on the newer Lowrance units going out and Lowrance not having great customer service...
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 01:36 AM

You are right, Lowrance customer service has been lacking for several years now.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 12:39 PM

until Ii get my bird fixed, I will reserve judgement. Apparently the factory wiring on some boats does not meet up with hummingbird specs.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 12:47 PM

Lowrance has more memory, hummingbirds are better with imaging, then there’s Livescope, nothing comes close to livescope
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 01:28 PM

I use birds and have Garmin on my pontoon dont count out Garmin.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Lowrance has more memory, hummingbirds are better with imaging, then there’s Livescope, nothing comes close to livescope

Livescope is pretty insane but 360 imaging will suit my needs and save me several bucks.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 04:01 PM

Birds with mega are great in detail. If you can afford to get Garmin Livescope it is great. Lowrance has been lacking since they fired a great lady that worked there..
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 07:28 PM

Neither.

Garmin... Let me know when you're Bird or Lowrance provdies navigation for land, air, and sea.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 07:36 PM

I have both. Lowrance seems a bit faster
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 10:59 PM

Humminbird has some pretty amazing customer service
Posted By: Rog

Re: Lowrance vs Humminbird - 08/23/20 11:26 PM

Just move to Humminbird after running Lowrance for 30 years. Humminbird is better all the way around so far. Starts up faster, side scan and traditional 2D better. To me downscan a push or maybe a bit better on lowrance I was running Gen 3 touch unit on console and gen 2 unit up front on old boat. New boat is Helix gen 3 with mega chirp
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum