Texas Fishing Forum

Bois darc lake bridge

Posted By: Kodyjoe

Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 09:17 PM

They opened the new bridge that crosses the lower end of Bois darc lake. Drove across it this morning couple times. They are working on what it looks to be a four lane boat ramp on east side of bridge. They did make a wide boatlane through the middle of the timber on west side of the bridge Will be able to run from bridge to the dam cause no trees will be left on that side Maybe they wont screw it up like CooperLake but not gonna hold my breath on that one
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 09:21 PM

Is the dam in?

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 09:26 PM

No sir they still like quite a bit on it
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 09:31 PM

Take lots of pics for later!! So cool to see a new lake being put in! And a BIG lake at that!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 09:37 PM

yes, please, pics
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 10:06 PM

Some one with a drone could make some money selling videos of the 'before and during" of the lake terrain..

hide2
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 10:17 PM

Thanks for the update. Did they leave any trees in the creeks between the bridge and the dam?

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 10:20 PM

That would work but right now all you can see is acres and acres of blood weeds. LoL I do know the guy that is doing a lot of the construction work He got access to it all

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 10:29 PM

No trees left on bois darc creek and none on any of the other creeks that i have seen or can get to Chris.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/19/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kodyjoe
No trees left on bois darc creek and none on any of the other creeks that i have seen or can get to Chris.

Will the lake will be void of any timber?

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 01:22 AM

There is a lot of timber on the west side of the bridge towards Bonham Dont know how deep its gonna be on the lower end
Posted By: Colton D

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 01:29 AM

From the looks of it everything east of the bridge to the dam is cut and cleared and everything west of the bridge to Bonham is timber besides a boat lane.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 02:06 AM

rock
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 02:14 AM

Maybe someone will stop by and see if they can get the dozer operators to make a 2 mile long brush pile.

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 02:22 AM

Not any brush too make one with ,they burnt them all. Could have made some big ones as much brush they dozed down. Are a few small ones scattered down towards the dam but they should have made them a lot bigger
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 02:52 AM

Did they harvest all the timber they could? probably was some old growth in there.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 03:50 AM

Sounds like another Cooper in the works. Sad. Next TPWD will be spraying it all as quick as they can so no vegetation will grow
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 11:54 AM

Reminds me of the time I went to visit a buddy I played ball with in Winnsboro. I was heading down 515 from Emory and came to this bridge that looked like a small lake to the south and just a couple of creeks to the North. I asked him what it was and he said they are putting in a new lake, I think it is called Lake Fork. Didn't think much about it even though I met him to go fishing some of his best ponds around where he lived and what was eventually going to be a world wide known lake that I would spend the last 30 years fishing.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 12:51 PM

Is there a website to read about the plans for fish stocking etc?
Posted By: Barn

Re: Bois darc lake bridge - 08/20/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Is there a website to read about the plans for fish stocking etc?

Everything about the lake here:

https://boisdarclake.org/

You can sign up for monthly newsletter too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum