Texas Fishing Forum

Fairfield

Posted By: jbw3

Fairfield - 08/19/20 03:06 PM

Anyone have an update on Fairfield? The lease expires in October as the property was put up for sale. Just wondering if anyone has any news or if it'll be closed beginning in October.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/20 08:27 PM

Good reminder would like to know as well.
Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 01:39 PM

According to the TP&W web site, they will be having doe and spike draw hunts at Fairfield in January 2021, so I would say that the park is going to remain open.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
According to the TP&W web site, they will be having doe and spike draw hunts at Fairfield in January 2021, so I would say that the park is going to remain open.

I just can't believe TP&W would just give up land at Fairfield.. It is nice camp grounds and great land.. Just does not make sense..
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca

I just can't believe TP&W would just give up land at Fairfield.. It is nice camp grounds and great land.. Just does not make sense..

The question is, will the new owners of the property renew the lease at a price TP&W can pay.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 05:36 PM

tp&w just needs to buy the whole thing
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Not gonna happen. Especially in this environment. This State, like every other in the nation, is about to face a budget disaster of epic proportions. One like most of us have never seen.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Fairfield - 08/21/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca

Give it up? Its not theirs to give, they are leasing it from Vistra energy. I think most state parks are leases, people just don't realize this.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fairfield - 08/22/20 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Not gonna happen. Especially in this environment. This State, like every other in the nation, is about to face a budget disaster of epic proportions. One like most of us have never seen.
And TPWD has been suffering huge budget shortfalls for a long time before I even knew what Covid meant.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Fairfield - 08/22/20 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Has that ever stopped a politician from spending money ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum