Texas Fishing Forum

MLF on Fork

Posted By: Im RICK JAMES

MLF on Fork - 08/16/20 08:25 PM

What set up was those guys using with their spinning gear at fork? They was laying into some donkeys with no worries. Obviously I know they had braid but what size leader, hooks and rods where they using?
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: MLF on Fork - 08/16/20 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
What set up was those guys using with their spinning gear at fork? They was laying into some donkeys with no worries. Obviously I know they had braid but what size leader, hooks and rods where they using?

I’ve caught my last 2 9lbers on a spinning reel and yanked one out of the grass like he was a 4-5lber both caught on a Ike series Abu Garcia spinning real and a veritas mh 7’ rod braid with about 6’ leader on 15lb RL Seaguer.
Posted By: SK1

Re: MLF on Fork - 08/19/20 04:00 PM

I fish spinning reels alot and have found that quality 20 lb braid and 12lb flouro leader will easily get any fish to the boat. You're not going to horse them out of cover but you can guide them to open water where you an put some heat on them.In heavy cover you just want to keep pressure on them and most of the time they will just swim out. A good reel with smooth drag is a must as well as a rod with plenty of back bone. Tight lines
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum