Texas Fishing Forum

Jacob Wheeler Streak

Posted By: texasfisherman1

Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 12:29 AM

Being allowed in the last three FLW "super" tournaments, he goes Win ,2nd, 2nd in 200 boat field....amazing, lost the last one by 1 oz. Justin Lucas impressive too. I think Wheeler has potential to be top 3 of all time
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 12:33 AM

It’s funny how now everybody is on his nu!!$, when a few years ago he was public fishing enemy #1. Guess winning changes people’s view of you. Congrats to him and he’s definitely on a hell of a streak! I also enjoy his YouTube stuff.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
It’s funny how now everybody is on his nu!!$, when a few years ago he was public fishing enemy #1. Guess winning changes people’s view of you. Congrats to him and he’s definitely on a hell of a streak! I also enjoy his YouTube stuff.

BuT He WeArs A fLaT BiLl
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:25 AM

I hate listening to him but he is definitely very good. But he is all or nothing many times. Oh well though he is many millions richer whatever
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:31 AM

Its really impressive what he has done. He is an interesting fisher, seems to like traditional baits that aren't the latest greatest in the general since.. fishes a buzz bait a lot, spinner bait, frog, popper, cranks, etc. Other than Googan baits, he seems to buy stuff just like we do. He bought the graphs on his boat, he bought the new Mercury motor to replace the Evinrude he had. I just like the guy!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:37 AM

I personally think we are seeing a changing of the guard right now. He will be in tbe mix for GOAT eventually. He has accomplished a ton at such a young age. Probably as much as anyone besides Jordan Lee in regards to success like this early on.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I personally think we are seeing a changing of the guard right now. He will be in tbe mix for GOAT eventually. He has accomplished a ton at such a young age. Probably as much as anyone besides Jordan Lee in regards to success like this early on.

Sounds like something Marty Stone had said about a hundred times now.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Brent S

Does that make it more or less true ?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:50 AM

Take up your complaints about his comments with him . I'm sure he has a social media page you can access if yiu feel that strongly.

I just stated my own thoughts on Wheeler. No one has to agree with me.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_K

Does that make it more or less true ?

Neither, just repeating something that's been said many many times.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 02:37 AM

I think we are getting a front row seat to watch the young guns. What Wheeler has done is just crazy. Right now there are 5 guts that seem to be dominating. What puzzles mr is how Van Damn has just fallen off the grid. Either way Bass fishing is in hood hand's with the new guys.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_K

BuT He WeArs A fLaT BiLl

Actually he doesn't anymore
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 02:43 AM

His voice and quips annoy me at times, but that’s my problem, not his. He can fish and is fun to watch.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 04:33 AM

Incredibly efficient with his electronics. Consistently makes good decisions and executes well.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 04:53 AM

When I first started watching him my gut told me this kid will be great! We are watching a top 3 fisherman of all time!
And this jordan Lee kid ain’t bad either!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 05:41 AM

I dont care how good he is, always saying "Ding" is so flippin annoying
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 03:24 PM

Wheeler is my favorite guy to watch. He's a machine.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 03:31 PM

Wheeler is a damned stud on the water...he's not slowing down anytime soon.

And yes "DING" takes some getting used to but so does...."IT'S A BIG ONE, GIANT, AHHHHHHH, GIANT....Mike that fish weighs 1.12 lbs."
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 03:34 PM

I've been following him for a while and happy to see that he is doing GREAT!
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 09:44 PM

And MDJ........Ding
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/16/20 09:48 PM

roflmao
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/17/20 06:10 PM

Not a Fan...
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/19/20 02:07 PM

Being from Tennessee and knowing some folks that know him pretty well, they say he's a great guy. Always stops at the ramp to talk to anyone interested in chatting with him. He's a legend in Chattanooga. I've met Bill Dance a few times and I've heard he has the same outgoing personality. I know this, the spot he fished on Chick has been covered almost 24 hours a day since that week he won that event.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/19/20 03:22 PM

He's pretty good at this fishing thing. cheers
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/20/20 12:43 AM

He’s good and getting better if that’s even possible
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/21/20 01:01 PM

He works harder than 99% of the guys on any tour he fishes. He's just as comfortable fishing in 6 inches of water as he is 36ft of water. A guy that versatile with that work ethic is hard to beat.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 08/21/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
He works harder than 99% of the guys on any tour he fishes. He's just as comfortable fishing in 6 inches of water as he is 36ft of water. A guy that versatile with that work ethic is hard to beat.

Could not have said it better
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/09/20 06:58 PM

He and Jordan Lee are like the old Nebraska vs. Oklahoma games in the 70's and 80's, no matter how you grade them they are both great.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/10/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

And yes "DING" takes some getting used to but so does...."IT'S A BIG ONE, GIANT, AHHHHHHH, GIANT....Mike that fish weighs 1.12 lbs."

I can't stand Iconelli. Every fish looks like he's trying to pull a hundred pound Halibut off the ocean floor while screaming "Giant!" at full volume. Then the fish barely breaks a pound. it's irritating.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/10/20 10:59 PM

I can't believe he is doing so well with those new, cheap Duckett rods. C'mon, man! He's out there with a $139 rod! He definitely needs to get something on the racks in that $400-500 range. Now those would make him a good fisherman!

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/10/20 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by avid_basser

I can't stand Iconelli. Every fish looks like he's trying to pull a hundred pound Halibut off the ocean floor while screaming "Giant!" at full volume. Then the fish barely breaks a pound. it's irritating.

de
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/12/20 02:19 AM

I can’t remember who did it to him at Fork MLF earlier this year but someone stuck an inflatable banana in one of his compartments which he didn’t find until it was too late. He had a good laugh about it though.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/12/20 08:42 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=ned+groundhog+day&sxsrf=ALeKk01PRKWgQrov94_DQZWqgS_DDH4JMg:1599900109692&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Vx6BVwgCdYKqyM%252C7vtMwmerjvVKZM%252C%252Fm%252F05jzgfj&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTcsaNjtp9YwmYX697w7PaaMl1VhQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0hdutnOPrAhUFWK0KHfRRA0gQ_B16BAgPEAM&biw=1269&bih=1522#imgrc=Vx6BVwgCdYKqyM

Makes me think
Ned Ryerson!!!
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/12/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rangerkev
I think we are getting a front row seat to watch the young guns. What Wheeler has done is just crazy. Right now there are 5 guts that seem to be dominating. What puzzles mr is how Van Damn has just fallen off the grid. Either way Bass fishing is in hood hand's with the new guys.

You have to wonder how much being “businessman” KVD impacts being tournament winning KVD. I would say a bunch. He has so many commitments that it has to be harder year after year to put the effort a young guy like Wheeler can. Eventually all the winners will struggle balancing business commitments against tournament prep. Unless they shun the business side some which isn’t likely as that’s where the sustainable money is.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/14/20 01:50 AM

And he’s a really nice guy who’s gifted and sincere.

I’m very happy for him.

Re: Jacob Wheeler Streak - 09/14/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

And he’s a really nice guy who’s gifted and sincere.

I’m very happy for him.

Yep, seems like a great dude!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum