Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook Lake Guide

Posted By: CrankBank

Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/13/20 03:23 AM

Will be in Fort Worth this weekend. Are there any guides on Benbrook Lake? How’s the fishing this time of year?
Posted By: TxBigball

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/13/20 05:14 AM

I was considering heading to Benbrook in the morning. The lake can be low this time of year. I am curious if the ramps are open. If they are the bass are usually good.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/13/20 07:30 AM

Not sure about a guide but As of this past Monday mustang was open. You can tell the water has really fallen since
The last time I was out there so not sure how long that will last. Fish weren't really on the "normal stuff" . I had to idle around
Quite a bit until I'd see a few. I still only caught 5 small ones in 18 foot with a big worm.
Posted By: nxt

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/13/20 08:49 PM

Launched at Mustang today with no problem. Lake is 3 1/2 ft low so be very careful where you're running, lots of stuff right under the surface. Fishing was not good today with that south wind. Don't know of any guides.
Posted By: Markac2688

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/18/20 06:05 PM

I launched at Benbrook marina. Very low 2-3ft at launch. I’m interested in someone who can guide / teach me how to fish that lake.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/18/20 09:21 PM

Hire James Biggs? Benbrook can be tough. I went yesterday for 3
Hrs and had 3 bites. Only one big one.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/18/20 09:41 PM

The water has dropped considerably since I was there last two weeks ago. There are a lot more stumps showing now than there were then.

Fishing was not good for me today. The water level dropping has pushed them off where I was doing ok a few weeks ago.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Benbrook Lake Guide - 08/20/20 04:28 AM

Bass get lock jaw when it’s falling... but if you’re looking for one big bite that’s the lake I would go to in the general area.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum