Texas Fishing Forum

Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds

Posted By: M. Putnam

Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds - 08/10/20 08:34 PM

I think the heat is so bad that the fish in these little, shallow ponds just don't want to bite anything. I'm reading a lot of summertime tips here that seem to be referring to lakes, people with boats, etc. I'm just out on foot in my neighborhood. I know there are 2 or 3 pounders there because I was catching them four months ago. Any tips for the suburbanite land lubbers on lures, etc.? Or should I just wait it out in the A/C and watch soap operas for the next month or so??
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds - 08/10/20 08:49 PM

Wacky rigs and Manns Baby 1. You are fishing shallow since you are from the bank so both of these should work for you and give you the opportunity to fish slow (wacky rig) or cover water (Baby 1).
Posted By: zimmer0

Re: Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds - 08/10/20 08:51 PM

downsize, ned rig, shaky head, wacky senko. Fish the "deepest" parts of the ponds. Fish early early am or at night.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds - 08/10/20 09:29 PM

Fish them at night. You will be surprised.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...95/article-30-bass-at-night#Post13619095
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: Tips for small neighborhood, park ponds - 08/10/20 09:31 PM

Don't pass up topwater baits. Fish in ponds and small lakes get a large part of their food from the surface. They will come up from 10-12 feet of water at times to get a topwater bait. Buzz baits and topwater plugs like a Devils Horse or Tiny Torpedo work well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum