Texas Fishing Forum

Best option for shipping rod?

Posted By: Barn

Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 02:52 PM

I need to sent back a fishing rod for warranty replacement. Anyone have recommendation? Looking for the lowest standard rate. UPS, FedEx or USPS? Standard rod tube. I could cut it down some (6') if that reduces the cost.

fish
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 03:00 PM

Never use USPS. Last time I shipped rods with them, they mutilated one of them.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 03:30 PM

pcv tube 2.5 inch or 3 inch

any company is fine

cardboard tubes, your asking for trouble expecially with the smaller diameter ones.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 03:51 PM

get some 3" sch 20 pvc and caps, a stick of 1/2" pipe insulation for around the rod, tape it on. cheap insurance if it is just repairs and not replacement, ups only.

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 04:01 PM

UPS. Cardboard or pvc. Just make sure tube is under 96”. Should be around $40. I’ve sold and shipped tons of them. Never. NEVER! Use USPS. They lose [censored] and break [censored]. Bottom line.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
get some 3" sch 20 pvc and caps, a stick of 1/2" pipe insulation for around the rod, tape it on. cheap insurance if it is just repairs and not replacement, ups only.

+1 usps, ups, and fedex will break the cardboard tubes.
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

+2

I've shipped dozens like this. UPS only.
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Best option for shipping rod? - 08/09/20 06:55 PM

I ordered a ACC CRAPPIE STIX on the 27th off July. They used USPS and its still not here. I’ve contacted USPS and all they can say is that’s it’s in transit. The tracking number tell me the same thing. Contacted ACC and they said it’s a shipping issue. No help really so don’t use USPS they sck. Spend a few more dollars and use UPS of FED-Ex.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum