Texas Fishing Forum

Running Lavon

Posted By: lundy

Running Lavon - 08/08/20 08:29 PM

New to Lavon- can anyone give me any insight on running lake? Any markers ?
Any help appreciated!
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 01:02 AM

Pull up the lake on Google Earth or Google Maps satellite view. It is an easy lake to run. Timber on the north end. There is an island at Clear Lake Park. It can get pretty shallow between the island and the point. Have fun.
Posted By: MV

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 01:30 AM

When water is low. Cut between island has a mega stump in it

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 01:58 AM

Thanks for the info!

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 06:52 PM

Tt
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by MV
When water is low. Cut between island has a mega stump in it

There concrete blocks there as well. just don't try the cut, go around. No reason to use the cut unless you just really NEED to beat someone somewhere.
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 09:11 PM

Also, the North end is full of standing timber. Do not go through that stuff on plane. There is an unmarked boat lane on the far East side of the lake that goes all the way to the 380 Bridge, but anywhere out of that area, is stumpy. North of 380 is pretty shallow and full of stumps as well.

I just got my Champ out of the shop where I got hung up on a stump and damaged the gel coat on bottom, and I hit that stump while using only the trolling motor, gas motor was not even running and we were going about 4-5 MPH tops. Never saw the stump either before we hit it or after we got off of it, but it did $4400 damage to the bottom of my boat. Went back and found it last week using the tracking on my Helix and marked the waypoint as a HAZARD.

Wayne

Re: Running Lavon - 08/09/20 10:18 PM

Thanks Wayne - I do know about stumps and boats - the wrong way!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum