Texas Fishing Forum

Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement?

Posted By: Noojen

Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 03:03 PM

One of my favorite confidence baits is a TX-rigged Grande Bass Snake'O w/ a 1/32 oz sinker, but it's become increasingly hard to find in any store around DFW & Tackle Warehouse is backordered. I've heard bad things about ordering from Grande Bass themselves, so I'm looking for a replacement for this lure...any suggestions?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 03:19 PM

Another lure that I used for a while then stopped. When they broke I used the snake tail for ned rigs.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 03:23 PM

If you order directly from GrandeBass you might receive them by Christmas based on my experience with them.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 03:30 PM

I'm not affiliated with Grande Fishing in any way but have been ordering from them for many years. I've only had one order messed up. I notified them via email and they sent the correct baits and had me keep the wrong baits they sent in the first shipment.

If you do order from them, use the code SUMMER20 for 25% off. I'm not sure how long the code is good
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 04:25 PM

Not to start a do-do storm but I've also done well with this bait. I like both Rattlesnakes & Tornadoes so no preference either way. Just offering up an alternative.

https://www.hagstornadobait.com/store/
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 04:29 PM

I was with Grandebass for a number of years, since the beginning basically. And the guys yapping about not getting their orders in time is like 1 order out of about 3,000. And alot of the times there was a mix up on the buyers part, not Jerry's.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Not to start a do-do storm but I've also done well with this bait. I like both Rattlesnakes & Tornadoes so no preference either way. Just offering up an alternative.

+1

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 04:40 PM

I definitely have a bunch of the Tornadoes but I feel they break too easily...I prefer the Rattlesnakes. Does anyone know of a worm like the Snake’O’s that have a senko-like upper and a ringtail lower? I feel like TX-rigging thru the senko-like upper keeps it on the hook better and makes it a little more durable.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/05/20 05:11 PM

It's not exact but it's similar, the Berkley Powerbait Shaky Snake. They also have a Magnum Version of the same bait
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I was with Grandebass for a number of years, since the beginning basically. And the guys yapping about not getting their orders in time is like 1 order out of about 3,000. And alot of the times there was a mix up on the buyers part, not Jerry's.

I have never had a problem ordering from them either.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 01:28 AM

One order out of 3000? Really? I placed five orders and had issues with three of them. And when I called to try to fix the situation they treated me like they couldn't have cared less. I like their baits but I will NEVER order from them again.

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 02:06 AM

Thanks! I’m going to give these a try!

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
It's not exact but it's similar, the Berkley Powerbait Shaky Snake. They also have a Magnum Version of the same bait
Posted By: big mike

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 04:12 AM

Big Bite Baits Cane Stick worm is similar. Caught lots of fish on them.
Posted By: SSutton

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Originally Posted by Ken A.

+1

I caught my PB on a 6.5 Tornado...11.3.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Grande Bass Snake'O Replacement? - 08/06/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

Generally there is a post, 5 people comment about how bad of service they got, then the thread gets deleted.

I lost all respect the time the GB guy found the receipt for the guys order and replied with his full name, address, and phone number though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum