Posted By: irbf

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 02:25 PM

Actually it's ESPN2.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:39 PM

27 lbs of smallmouth is insane.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:47 PM

That would be loads of fun. But, I tried watching it for about 20-30 minutes. Nothing like watching a bunch of guys hunkered over their bow graphs with a drop shot rig to get me fired up!!! Not.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
That would be loads of fun. But, I tried watching it for about 20-30 minutes. Nothing like watching a bunch of guys hunkered over their bow graphs with a drop shot rig to get me fired up!!! Not.

While the weights etc are impressive these are the events that I watch less of no matter the trail. Its just not my thing.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

While the weights etc are impressive these are the events that I watch less of no matter the trail. Its just not my thing.

Right. I bet it IS fun to sit and hammer 3+ pound smallies all day, but not to watch. “It’s a giant it MIGHT HELP...stay buttoned”. Rinse repeat.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:56 PM

Don't worry bud, they could all spank you with a flippin stick in there hand too grin

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Don't worry bud, they could all spank you with a flippin stick in there hand too grin

Ohhhh. Tease me tease me. I like a good spanking with a stick.
clap
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 08:53 PM

Agree. Watching northern smallmouth tournaments aren’t the best but man do I want to go do it. 27lb smallie bags have to be equivalent to at least a 35+Lb largemouth bag, right?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/23/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Ohhhh. Tease me tease me. I like a good spanking with a stick.
clap

roflmao
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 01:39 PM

That almost 8lb smallmouth was allsome, too bad i couldn't tell you who any of those guys are over there now,

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 03:30 PM

They just ran the wrong leaderboard, noticed yesterday at the the weigh in several of the angler had the wrong name, different first name or spelled wrong. Who is running the technical stuff/graphics for BASS they are making a ton of mistakes they don't normally make when not on ESPN.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
They just ran the wrong leaderboard, noticed yesterday at the the weigh in several of the angler had the wrong name, different first name or spelled wrong. Who is running the technical stuff/graphics for BASS they are making a ton of mistakes they don't normally make when not on ESPN.

Your post above this one you say you don't recognize any of the names still at BASS but then this one says their names etc are spelled wrong. bolt

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 03:52 PM

When the fat guy announcing the weigh in says their name and it doesn't match whats on the screen, sorry to be critical but think they would have their s@#t together for being on espn

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 03:54 PM

When the fat guy announcing the weigh in says their name and it doesn't match whats on the screen, sorry to be critical but think they would have their s@#t together for being on espn

Luckily we have choices. Sounds like you enjoy BPT more. Nothing wrong with that either. cheers
Posted By: rj74955

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 05:23 PM

That almost 8lb smallmouth was allsome, too bad i couldn't tell you who any of those guys are over there now,

Allsome? Who's running your technical stuff?
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 05:58 PM

LMAO....was thinking the same thing....it’s “simular” to awesome....

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 06:14 PM

They have put out a better production product than this in the past, the audio is now a mess. I just think they would have had their ducks in a row, hopefully it will be better for the weekend
Posted By: forkduc

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 08:19 PM

Where are they?

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/24/20 08:29 PM

Lake Ontario. Supposed to get windy Sunday, that should be interesting viewing
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 02:49 AM

It'll be windy tomorrow...
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Like glass on the big lake today.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

Like glass on the big lake today.

Starting to roll as predicted. By the late afternoon into tomorrow will be interesting
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 02:54 PM

If I fished for next 6 hours rolling like Mueller and Johnston, I would likely take three steps and fall over when I got outta the boat. When we used to jetty fish I always had jelly legs for first 5 minutes after hitting land and felt it in the shower a time or two!
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 04:46 PM

Isn't a jetty by definition hard dry ground (often with added rip-rap, of course) that doesn't move up/down or rock like a boat?
Posted By: RATZ

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Isn't a jetty by definition hard dry ground (often with added rip-rap, of course) that doesn't move up/down or rock like a boat?

that's what I was thinking
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

that's what I was thinking

I took it as fishing a jetty from a boat. The jetty creates a rebound effect on rough waters, making standing in the boat bumpy. Could be wrong, but that’s how I interpreted it.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 05:17 PM

aaah, yep, that would do it. Same as fishing freshwater against bulkheads where all the traffic wakes and natural waves have a milkshaker effect.
Posted By: Chet

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 05:21 PM

Wow tough crowd, I'm enjoying seeing 4 guys fish and two with big smallies on. Good stuff.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/25/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chet
Wow tough crowd, I'm enjoying seeing 4 guys fish and two with big smallies on. Good stuff.

And Mosley fishing 2ft of water burning a chatterbait catching 4lb largies. He's gonna make a top 10 on green fish on one of the best smallmouth fisheries
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/26/20 07:15 PM

Did the cameramen go on strike that last segment, they at least usually show them running in to checkin, not the best from them on this one

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/26/20 08:01 PM

Probably all sea sick. I know Johnstons camera man was puking all day in the 5-7fters
Posted By: the skipper

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/26/20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chet

And Mosley fishing 2ft of water burning a chatterbait catching 4lb largies. He's gonna make a top 10 on green fish on one of the best smallmouth fisheries

What he did was pretty impressive. Looked like a ton of fun
Posted By: buda13

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 11:40 AM

Worst Sunday coverage of any event so far... may have been 30 minutes of actual live on the afternoon segment of the show. Over and over for 2 hours it was the same fish catches by the same 2-3 guys. Seeing the footage of the guys fishing the big water was awesome, makes some of those rough days around here on our lakes look like Childs play.

Would love to go get some of those giant small jaws, that’s a bucket list item for sure.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Worst Sunday coverage of any event so far... may have been 30 minutes of actual live on the afternoon segment of the show. Over and over for 2 hours it was the same fish catches by the same 2-3 guys. Seeing the footage of the guys fishing the big water was awesome, makes some of those rough days around here on our lakes look like Childs play.

Would love to go get some of those giant small jaws, that’s a bucket list item for sure.

I agree, IDK what was going on maybe espn insisted they help with the coverage. Numerous technical glitches thursday and friday, saturday was good from what I watched but the sunday afternoon session was a beating. I think some stuff we are not privy too may have been going on in the background during the sunday break Zona seemed to be hinting about that and there was lots of nervous laughter.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 01:14 PM

I thought it was just me who thought this...seems to be the theme of these threads in other places.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 01:42 PM

Me and Ratz are planning a caravan next year if all this crud is over with. We were going to go this year til all this stuff started up. You can go to the next lock up and get completely away from the big water and the smallmouth fishing is every bit as good. You should go with us Buda.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 02:14 PM

I agree, worst live coverage theyve had in a while.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 03:38 PM

Seems like they were losing cell signal in the waves. As soon as the anglers came off the lake they had lots of footage to go through and put up in a short amount of time. Between that and the camera men all getting seasick it’s tough to please the TFF. I could have watched Mosley fish those docks all day.

Re: BASS is LIVE - 07/27/20 04:40 PM

Well they should have kept on Mosely instead of showing the same 3 clips over and over. They could have had Davey Hite doing some interviews at the ramp as guys came in early but nada, I think they must have had some connectivity issues with the main hub truck or generators went down.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum