Texas Fishing Forum

Marble Falls Lake.

Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Marble Falls Lake. - 07/21/20 01:36 AM

Use to fish it and had decent days. Fished it 2 days straight Sat/Sun, skunked. Did the 2018 flood destroy the fish population? Use to have lots of grass, all of it is gone. I dropped some jugs line with fresh shad to soak while fishing for bass and landed 1 cat after an 6 HR soak, rest of the lines had bait still on them. That was really shocking to me. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or not?
Posted By: boocat

Re: Marble Falls Lake. - 07/21/20 12:37 PM

Done in 2017?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfs6XdLtYdk
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Marble Falls Lake. - 07/21/20 05:31 PM

I think the floods had a major impact on not only marble falls but also LBJ. They will struggle for sometime unfortunately
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Marble Falls Lake. - 07/21/20 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I think the floods had a major impact on not only marble falls but also LBJ. They will struggle for sometime unfortunately

Buchanan as well, especially hybrids and stripers. Lot of of fish got washed down river
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Marble Falls Lake. - 07/21/20 07:31 PM

I don't know anything about Marble falls. I don't see a lot of boats on it. Why?
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Marble Falls Lake. - 07/22/20 03:20 AM

I was on LBJ fished it for a few hours in February and landed a few bass near the warm water discharge nothing big though. Landed a bunch of blues on the jugs and saw white bass breaking. I think it may be in better shape.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum