Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Pro Garland

Posted By: FlipAJig

Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 12:09 PM

Who at Bass Pro do I need to talk to about Minnkota and Humminbird. Looking to upgrade trolling motor and electronics
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 12:15 PM

Not related but ask for Mr. Yates.
He knows everything about the products.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 12:16 PM

Doug Yates
Posted By: Rich12

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 02:42 PM

Albert bow_down
Posted By: lundy

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 03:53 PM

Yep!! Doug is a good man!
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by lundy
Yep!! Doug is a good man!
X2 Doug!! I pretty sure he is only there on week ends!!!
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 04:38 PM

X3 Doug is great, knows his stuff and will take the time to explain to you.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 04:40 PM

Yep. Mr Yates.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Doug Yates
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by FlipAJig
Who at Bass Pro do I need to talk to about Minnkota and Humminbird. Looking to upgrade trolling motor and electronics

Might as well ask at Wal-mart, I would recommend the former advice in this thread
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Might as well ask at Wal-mart, I would recommend the former advice in this thread

Ditto. I've never seen any employee in their store who knew anything to speak of. You'll be more informed reading the manufacturer's website and looking at forums.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

Ditto. I've never seen any employee in their store who knew anything to speak of. You'll be more informed reading the manufacturer's website and looking at forums.

Doug could do circles around most of the manufacturers reps. He's a rare find.

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

Totally agree. Funny how some try to glorify themselves by falsely dismissing people they don't have any real time life experiences with. Sad...
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 07:47 PM

I don't know Doug, but I do know what I have experienced when visiting numerous Bass Pro Shops stores many times over the years across 5 states. Nothing about myself, just what I experienced from all the store personnel over all those occasions. Once, I even went back at a set time to ask their best electronics guy some questions - when they told me he would be working. His answer to every question I had: You'll have to call Lowrance for that.

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 08:02 PM

I gets, but don't discredit someone you don't know. It takes more than visiting a store to actually meet someone that might be retired and only there part time who only works there because he or she is an expert and loves to help anyone out. You might be surprised my friend.

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 08:02 PM

Try a different angle
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 09:36 PM

Doug Yates is a wealth of knowledge and one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. He is usually there on Saturdays and Sundays, downstairs...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bass Pro Garland - 07/17/20 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

The guy is a wealth of knowledge. He’s even offered to fish with me and show me some things in exchange for some spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum