Texas Fishing Forum

BPT Sturgeon Bay

Posted By: Minner Bucket

BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:16 PM

Damn good finish today. I’ve been a critic of the mo little fish tour but I enjoyed the coverage the last couple days with some drama at the finish today! That place is amazing and is on the bucket list for sure!
Posted By: RandyD

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:27 PM

This has been an awesome tournament.... the MLF coverage is getting really good... the final tomorrow will be "who can find the schools first"... should be great...
Posted By: Brent S

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:33 PM

This event has been another exciting one. Even I was getting stressed watching Ike and Ish at the end.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:35 PM

The CBD/hemp sponsor they kept hocking caught me off guard, Medterra, interesting.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:48 PM

Whats the rule on them dropping their bait down while a fish is being weighed, seems to be some confusion on that?
Posted By: karaider00

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/14/20 11:55 PM

I have been super critical of them the entire time. Not so much vocally on a forum but in my own head I guess but damn it’s great to watch some sort of competition.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:03 AM

Damn I just watched that finish on delay, that was epic with those two getting in by catching fish at the last second, wow.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:07 AM

They just need to put a mussel on Marty. He’s a DA

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:13 AM

7th Ish Monroe - 61# 11oz
8th Mike Ike - 61# 1oz
9th Ott Defoe - 61# 0oz
10th B. Lane - 60# 10oz

You put all their fish they caught today on the same scale and the order could come out totally different,
Posted By: kellisag

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:16 AM

Anyone else see Klein right on top of Lucas on Sunday? I'm sure that makes for an interesting situation when one of your bosses does that to you. Lucas was asked about it on BTL yesterday and wouldn't comment.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by kellisag
Anyone else see Klein right on top of Lucas on Sunday? I'm sure that makes for an interesting situation when one of your bosses does that to you. Lucas was asked about it on BTL yesterday and wouldn't comment.

No I did not, Duckett teaching Klein well roflmao
Posted By: Brent S

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

I agree

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

muzzle?, oh the irony
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:34 AM

Ridiculous finish. Loved it.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 12:46 AM

Lots of drama and a weather delay even! Glad to see Aaron Martens and Shaw back on the water.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 02:09 AM

Awesome event! cheers

Poche just misses the automatic berth the other day and then finishes 25th today. bolt

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Awesome event! cheers

Poche just misses the automatic berth the other day and then finishes 25th today. bolt

Yeah thats what I don't like about the zero'ing of weights for the last 2 rounds, but FLW used to do that and so did Bassmaster, other day I was watching a 2003 event with the hole course at the end they did that on.
Posted By: buda13

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by kellisag

There have been other boats ontop of him every day he’s fished... day 1 the announcers were talking about how not only was he crushing the fish but he was doing it in an area also being fished by some darn good MLF pros that weren’t catching them like Lucas.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 01:35 PM

What was Lucas doing different or was he just on the spot within the spot?
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 01:54 PM

wow ending. Now onto the championship.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Awesome event! cheers

Yeah thats what I don't like about the zero'ing of weights for the last 2 rounds, but FLW used to do that and so did Bassmaster, other day I was watching a 2003 event with the hole course at the end they did that on.

Has nothing to do with zero weights, He should have kept the hammer down till time ran out the first day. He Stopped fishing while they were biting with 15min left on the clock the first day if I saw that right. instead of a automatic birth and an extra day off he is watching final day on his iPad. Granted didn’t help he went 3hrs second day with no bite but he was on the fish the first day should have just piled on. Bet he don’t do that again.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 04:20 PM

I missed that, he don't seem like the brightest bulb anyhow. Look like a triple fight between Lucas, MDJ and Bertrand for who wins today.
Posted By: Basscat8263

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 04:24 PM

That was an amazing finish yesterday!!
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 04:34 PM

a general theme all week was the Berkley Flat Worm was killing them. Lucas, Lee, Ike, more that I can't think of were on fire. MDJ was using a Zman bait.. Ish was throwing a wacky rig stick worm.. Anybody use the Berkley baits for LM down here in Texas?

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 04:53 PM

Used power bait here since it was introduced in the 80's, I've seen the max scent stuff but it doesn't seem to sell well, always looks old, baits have a matte finish, this event will probably help them move some of that product LOL. Ish looked to be using gulp scent on the wacky rig he was throwing

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 04:56 PM

I have heard of people here using the max scent stuff to brim fish though cutting it up into little pieces, one old timer told me it out fishes night crawlers regularly

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 06:09 PM

Berkley flat worms sold out nationwide, lol
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 09:01 PM

A little under and hour and a half left. Looks to be an exciting finish again.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 10:30 PM

Did the payouts change for this event? It showed the winner winning $65k. I guess I missed something
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/15/20 10:45 PM

I agree with the muzzle Marty comment. The announcing would be better if M&M were both gone..
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Did the payouts change for this event? It showed the winner winning $65k. I guess I missed something

For real all that work over a week and Lucas made 65k. He won his first round which moved him directly to championship and won that for a whole 65k. MLF is one screwed up tour in my opinion. Thats kinda ridiculous to literally win two days worth of tournaments, because truly they are different tournaments against different people for the most part, and only make 65k.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

For real all that work over a week and Lucas made 65k. He won his first round which moved him directly to championship and won that for a whole 65k. MLF is one screwed up tour in my opinion. Thats kinda ridiculous to literally win two days worth of tournaments, because truly they are different tournaments against different people for the most part, and only make 65k.

The anglers voted to spread the money out. Total payout was the same. If they don't have a problem with it. Why does anyone not fishing it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 12:30 AM

Same overall payout but they rearranged the amount per place.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 12:39 AM

I heard o live that they the anglers voted this payout and that everyone would get a check.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 01:55 AM

I missed the paying everyone part, thanks for the clarification.

Re: BPT Sturgeon Bay - 07/16/20 02:46 AM

I think the anglers running everything has proven to be a bad idea just like the PAA, they need to appoint some sort of rules czar, hell just let the competition director do it he seems to have done a decent job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum