Texas Fishing Forum

Basschamps T-wok won by......

Posted By: RuthlessK

Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 08:16 PM

Carolina rigging a small suspending Jerkbait with a 1oz weight on points. I overheard the winners talking about it at weigh-in just now.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 08:20 PM

ok huh
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 09:17 PM

I know a wacky rigged plastic was good for 99th place. Lol.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 09:42 PM

I think we got 116 place, we were throwing DD 22's on the dam, all the way from my living room. grin
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 09:47 PM

Just got home........dang it was hot out there!

We got a fast start but ran out of talent too early

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Just got home........dang it was hot out there!

We got a fast start but ran out of talent too early

Man. I didn’t have a fish till 1pm. Fished wacky rigs and shaky heads on the bridges. About 7 hours too late.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 10:13 PM

Chris and I were culling by 7 just couldn’t manage that big bite

Wind made it hard to fish our area thoroughly

Also had a dead one, which sucks, the other two were rowdy so maybe tongue hooked.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 10:17 PM

This one aggravates me. Caught some nice ones 2 weeks ago. Guess we had 30 fish for 6 1/2 today.

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/11/20 10:40 PM

Congrats to Tyler and Tanner. They making one helluva name for themselves. They had a 2nd in BC last year, I believe. Tyler and Justin also finished second a few weeks ago at CC and won $10K. Tyler Holmes is one helluva stick and he’s only about 26. Y’all tourney guys got lots of tough years ahead of y’all with this guy around.
Posted By: Jtunnell

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by RuthlessK
Congrats to Tyler and Tanner. They making one helluva name for themselves. They had a 2nd in BC last year, I believe. Tyler and Justin also finished second a few weeks ago at CC and won $10K. Tyler Holmes is one helluva stick and he’s only about 26. Y’all tourney guys got lots of tough years ahead of y’all with this guy around.

Especially now that he has a boat..

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 12:19 AM

Maybe he can use this money to buy an axel and maybe even a trip to a barber shop. I believe there might be a vagrant living in that shabby forest hanging off of his face.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 12:59 AM

Maybe he can use this money to buy an axel and maybe even a trip to a barber shop. I believe there might be a vagrant living in that shabby forest hanging off of his face.

I’m just glad to know the living legend called Tyler! Justin needs to learn some lessons from his girlfriend!
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 02:30 PM

Pulled up to a point at noon throwing a football jig and had the first fish spit it that we think was at least 7 lbs. Caught two others soon after weighing 6 & 4 lbs. rotating jig colors. Sick that we could have possibly won this thing.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 02:42 PM

Carolina rigging a small suspending Jerkbait with a 1oz weight on points. I overheard the winners talking about it at weigh-in just now.

Often considered trying it. Think I might give it a go next time out.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 03:18 PM

It also works good with any floating crankbait just have to adjust the weight according the size of the bait. Use to do it where there is current and it keeps it "in the zone" without all the casting and cranking.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 03:24 PM

You can turn a carolina floater around and put it in front of a fuke and have the same presentation with a soft bait. I have more confidence this way myself
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 04:01 PM

Won a walleye tournament on Woods Lake, Ontario, in 84 carolina rigging a Rapala Husky jerk in 20 feet of water. Haven't tried it since.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Won a walleye tournament on Woods Lake, Ontario, in 84 carolina rigging a Rapala Husky jerk in 20 feet of water. Haven't tried it since.

Why in the world would you "win a tournament" with a technique and never even try it again? That's insane! Of course I use tactics that have worked time and time again, and then don't...over and over again. That's also insane!
Posted By: Fordntriton

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 08:51 PM

Carolina rigged a white/red bobber with a 3/0 hook and caught 25. Three best went 19 but our livewells didn’t work so we threw them back. Sucks, we could have won it
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Top 100!

Re: Basschamps T-wok won by...... - 07/12/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Top 100!
....and bottom 100 too!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum