Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Caddo

Posted By: J.H.S.

Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 01:57 AM

I’m assuming like any lake in July it’s going to be tough. Main question is, how hard is the lake to run?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 02:06 AM

Real easy as long as you stay in the clearly marked boat lanes. You can pick up a good map locally and see all the MANY, MANY miles of boat lanes but my older Navionics Platinum South chip in my Humminbird shows every marked boat lane (big and small) throughout the entire lake very accurately. Here’s a good map you can zoom in on the boat lanes: https://data.lca.gov/clidata.org/SpillMaps/boat_rd.pdf [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudd

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 03:57 AM

It’s not terrible in July but with zero wind and no sun it makes it 20 times tougher. Right now we having bunch of rain. Take a frog and cover water is ur best option or flip a big bait of some kind
Posted By: Wishicaughtmore

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 05:35 AM

I was there two weeks ago and had decent success pitching trees with a Texas-rigged senko.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 01:29 PM

Stay on the pointed side of the markers and turn on your GPS. I alway keep a compass in my boat incase the depth finder goes out.
As for fishing pitching to the base of the Cypress trees in shaded areas and dragging a frog across moss and thru lily pads. Be sure and clean your boat of any moss or Giant Salvinia before leaving the boat ramp. You might consider letting your boat and trailer dry for a couple of weeks before going to the next lake. You don't want to get the Salvinia established in your other fishing holes, it is some really nasty stuff.
Posted By: SandyChaser

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Stay on the pointed side of the markers and turn on your GPS. I alway keep a compass in my boat incase the depth finder goes out.
As for fishing pitching to the base of the Cypress trees in shaded areas and dragging a frog across moss and thru lily pads. Be sure and clean your boat of any moss or Giant Salvinia before leaving the boat ramp. You might consider letting your boat and trailer dry for a couple of weeks before going to the next lake. You don't want to get the Salvinia established in your other fishing holes, it is some really nasty stuff.

About boat and trailer disinfecting, is there a product that will kill invasive critters and plant life to shorten the bilge and livewell drying time between bodies of water? What about the engine? Will running to temp with garden hose kill the stowaways?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Lake Caddo - 07/06/20 02:44 PM

Good info fellas. Very much appreciated!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum