Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend

Posted By: fivebites

Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 02:35 PM

I have an annual pass for Jones brothers park in Jonestown where we live. Electronic signs in town have been up for the past few days saying the park will be closed for the weekend. Called to see if it's for non residents or for those of us who pay for the annual pass. Everyone. Lady says, "it was going to be the ONLY ramp open on Lake Travis this weekend. All LCRA ramps are closed again". Dang. Planned on getting out tomorrow morning. If you don't have your boat in a marina looks like you ain't getting out there this weekend!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 03:03 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...anilla-ice-concert-covid-trnd/index.html
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 03:29 PM

Truth is the areas with high infection rates are nursing homes and urban poorer areas. The government is punishing everyone
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 03:55 PM

Blue county says you MUST suffer until the election, after November 3rd the covid will go away

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 06:56 PM

I bet they put the kabash on that Mark! Would be funny if they let it slide though!

Originally Posted by SC-001
Blue county says you MUST suffer until the election, after November 3rd the covid will go away

Yep, I live among the snowflakes for sure. But I'm pretty far outside of Austin proper and have some good ol "red" blooded buddies living out here. They better not bring that [censored] into our area!

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 07:35 PM

UPDATE: Mary Perry I KNOW you wanted to attend, but Mr. Ice just announced he's cancelling his Austin show! LOL!
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/02/20 07:49 PM

ACL Fest in October is cancelled, too.

Along with SXSW cancelled, about kills live music in Austin.
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/03/20 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
I have an annual pass for Jones brothers park in Jonestown where we live. Electronic signs in town have been up for the past few days saying the park will be closed for the weekend. Called to see if it's for non residents or for those of us who pay for the annual pass. Everyone. Lady says, "it was going to be the ONLY ramp open on Lake Travis this weekend. All LCRA ramps are closed again". Dang. Planned on getting out tomorrow morning. If you don't have your boat in a marina looks like you ain't getting out there this weekend!

We can thank all the snowflakes to screw up everything. But now they are finding out that they are not immune, to the corvid. And everyone else will pay for it also. Just a dam shame. Hey I Know lets have a big party and see who get it first. Or lets go protest with the thugs.
I am done venting now.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/03/20 12:59 PM

Well the Democratic Governor of Minnesota just asked the Trump administration to free up $500 million dollars in Federal taxpayer money to pay for all the riot damage they suffered in Minneapolis. Same governor that was cheering those really peaceful protestors on to exercise their god given right to loot and burn.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/03/20 02:22 PM

This has turned into a disaster, but to the op go to a different lake.

Re: Lake Travis ramps closed this weekend - 07/03/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TomRom
Well the Democratic Governor of Minnesota just asked the Trump administration to free up $500 million dollars in Federal taxpayer money to pay for all the riot damage they suffered in Minneapolis. Same governor that was cheering those really peaceful protestors on to exercise their god given right to loot and burn.

I sincerely hope he does NOT do that. Screw them.

Originally Posted by 206champion
This has turned into a disaster, but to the op go to a different lake.

Of course. I was going to try to get out to Travis early this morning until 10 or so, but that got kabashed. Probably just wait til Monday now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum