Texas Fishing Forum

eagle mountain

Posted By: dimitri

eagle mountain - 06/30/20 06:11 PM

anybody graphing any bass out deep on eagle mountain yet? i looked around this past saturday and didn’t see much of anything. it was overcast so maybe they were scattered but i expected to see some life in the 18-25 range and saw very little. this is my home lake now after living near joe pool for 16 years so i’m just trying to figure out what the bass do out there. THX
Posted By: Brent S

Re: eagle mountain - 06/30/20 06:19 PM

I tried finding them deep on Sunday and zeroed.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: eagle mountain - 06/30/20 07:06 PM

Just a handful of spots out there that hold deep fish and those spots are hit and miss...
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: eagle mountain - 06/30/20 07:25 PM

That lake has been done for a while, better off going to Benbrook or Grapevine.
Posted By: FewJr

Re: eagle mountain - 07/01/20 12:36 AM

They suspended over drops and channels.
Posted By: BrandonK

Re: eagle mountain - 07/01/20 02:29 PM

Holy smokes Brent you went out Sunday?! How was that hurricane on the water? The winds were crazy!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: eagle mountain - 07/01/20 03:04 PM

Yeah it was blowing pretty hard, made things tricky.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: eagle mountain - 07/01/20 08:30 PM

I was out Sunday as well only 2 less than a pound caught basically on shore early morning about 6am. By 10am wind and waves were getting crazy. I tried out deeper but they seemed to be marking around 5-15 feet as the sun came up. They didn't want anything I tossed everything at them (jigs, Texas, tokyo, carolina, crankbaits, spoons, jerkbaits).
Posted By: Chavezw16

Re: eagle mountain - 07/07/20 09:42 PM

im new to the area and trying to figure eagle mountain out also. give me a shout and maybe we can get together and figure this place out. I like the lake and im only 5 minutes from the ramp in pelican bay so I really would like to figure it out
Posted By: carlots

Re: eagle mountain - 07/07/20 11:25 PM

i live near the eagle and fish it about once a week when not too hot or cold. i usually catch a few shallow but that's about it. there is a tournament 7-11-20 and i bet it will take 20lbs plus to win it. i've always wondered how these guys do it. good luck to all.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum