Texas Fishing Forum

Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend?

Posted By: Charles12

Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 07:35 PM

Headed out camping/fishing to Lake Granbury this weekend with the in-laws. Going to be the first time out there, so any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: Stonebriar

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 07:51 PM

Its a complete mad house here on the 4th. I dont know where you could fish in peace. Think wake boats and jet fleas galore.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 07:53 PM

wear sunscreen

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 08:23 PM

Figured it was going to be insane. Hope to get out early Friday and Saturday AM at first light to at least run a buzzbaits past a few docks before the others shake off the hangovers. The gut punch is I am dragging the boat from Fork where I would rather be fishing...
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 08:53 PM

Not sure on Granbury but Pool is not bad before 9:00 on holidays. Fisherman stay away and drunks aren't out yet. Sunup until 9:30 works.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 08:54 PM

Go a different weekend, its one of the three weekends of idiot season, theres also one in May and September
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 10:23 PM

What part of the lake are you going to be at?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/29/20 10:59 PM

i'd hit the golf course.

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing

North end.

Favorite colors for shakey head, squarebill, chatterbait combo would be most helpful.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Charles12

North end.

Favorite colors for shakey head, squarebill, chatterbait combo would be most helpful.

Hit the points off the side channels in 15 to 20 feet of water. Also there is good fishing around some of the docks. Rattle traps will give you a chance at largemouth bass, striper, and white bass. And give a bubble gum worm a try. roflmao
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 12:26 PM

Be off the water by 11, the hangovers go away by then and it gets NUTTY
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 02:38 PM

if its like PK just forget fishing as the wake boats and sea doo's will be out in force eroding the banks and washing bass boats up on the rocks GOD HELP US !!
Posted By: SWH

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 04:00 PM

There is a marked Chanel so running should be no problem except the channel markers are great for doing donuts in pleasure boats.

I’d say run up the river but it’s big enough wake boats and jet skis run up there as well.

A few of the creeks have enough timber to slow the pleasure boats down but no idea if they hold any fish this time of the year.

Based on driving over the Brazil’s yesterday probably a green pumpkin kind of weekend out there. And whatever bright crankbait you like to use.
Posted By: officialfish

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 04:44 PM

Hit all the east shaded banks early 6 to 9 am with a sammy walked slow and have fun!!
Posted By: G Love

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 05:31 PM

Best advice I could give ya is don't go. Unless you like to be mad.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 06/30/20 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Charles12

North end.

I love that so many fisherman are "sceered" of holiday weekends.... boat ramp is much less crowded at 0530 when I launch. cheers

Square Bill - Chartreuse and black
Chatterbait - Bluegill or Perch
Shakey head - I dont throw one of these, but as far as bottom baits go I like a Texas Craw color jig with a green pumpkin trailer.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 07/01/20 05:47 AM

Best tip is DON'T GO
Posted By: Texas_fishin2010

Re: Tips for Lake Granbury this weekend? - 07/02/20 02:25 PM

Hahah all y'all that are saying don't go.. listen to them. Leaves more room for me hahahahaha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum