Texas Fishing Forum

Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ?

Posted By: Tiltman

Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 04:32 PM

Has anyone thought about this ?

Like getting in early ? Buying a lot, letting it fill up and building later ?

Any of our TFF real estate gurus already in the "know"?
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 04:43 PM

I looked a while back, although I'd probably never leave Cypress Springs. I found 2 tracts for sale, 1 was 300+ acres and the other was 80+. The 300 sold for just north of $2MM and guessing that is a developer. The 80 acre place still shows for sale at just over $1MM. Could be a great investment property as the 80 acres is already zoned for 1 acre lots and minimums for size of homes that can be built. I am guessing its already too late to truly get in "early" since this has been going on for 5+ years.
Posted By: trippbo

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 06:49 PM

I have been watching prices out there for a couple of years. Seems like so far only top dollar prices for what's been sold, but there hasn't been a ton of activity.
As the lake fills I think there should be several more opportunities to get in.

Here's one of the places I think Chris was talking about...

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Bonham_TX/type-land?view=qv&pos=33.736839,-96.074214,33.636711,-95.92504,13&qdm=true

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 07:47 PM

I will take a look, at the link. I did see on their website the different zoning in areas. I though minimum 1 acre was a large lake lot. I wonder what the frontage will be. Also, you have to wonder what will the swings of lake level be here? Will it be drain it first or last or simultaneously ?
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 07:48 PM

I know we had some interest selling our place south of RC when Tehuacana reservoir got proposed but I think its many many years of if it even ever gets built. Same thing happened to landowners years ago when Tennesse colony reservoir was proposed, if they ever build this one it will be a massive lake but think there some hangup with it flooding Gus Engling WMA
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/29/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I will take a look, at the link. I did see on their website the different zoning in areas. I though minimum 1 acre was a large lake lot. I wonder what the frontage will be. Also, you have to wonder what will the swings of lake level be here? Will it be drain it first or last or simultaneously ?

From everything I've heard it will be another Cooper clone, great at first but really hurt in drought years where it will be sucked dry
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/30/20 03:15 AM

They are all built for flood and water rights . I am afraid it will be another Cooper
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/30/20 11:01 AM

it is for flood control of the bois d'arc primarily, twice I have been unable to leave the ranch due to flood waters and bois d'arc I have seen run 30-35' high where it crosses 79.
as for draw down for dfw, probably will see some in moderation if they attempt to maintain a flood cushion for runoff.

when bois d'arc floods even mild flooding messes up a lot of land downstream, I am about 5 miles downstream just before it hits the red river. in about 6 yrs. here it has probably averaged 3 times a yr. for multiple day flooding and another 3-4 times a yr. for quick runoff flooding. they needed to do something.

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/30/20 11:05 AM

as for lake lots, I haven't seen any small parcels for sale out here, min. was 80a and it is probably 12 mi. or more from the lake. everything out here is in the hundreds of acres if it is for sale and the lake has increased prices from what I have seen.
those with frontage property are probably holding on to it till the water comes up for more value.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/30/20 04:42 PM

2 mil might get you 3 lots on south end of PK
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 06/30/20 11:09 PM

Where are they at with this lake? Are they filling it up?

BTW - you wouldn't believe how many millions of dollars will be spent of this project. Hint: more than the $1.6 billion they projected.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/01/20 01:20 AM

I bet when it opens we hit a drought .we are do for one soon

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/01/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
I bet when it opens we hit a drought .we are do for one soon

No kidding, Murphy’s law
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/02/20 09:16 AM

I thought they had a 5000 foot zone for no buildings.
Some will make a killing on their properties up there. Values on properties north of 82 took a pretty good jump about 5 years ago.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/02/20 04:59 PM

I have been looking myself. Started when it was announced.

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/02/20 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherdad58
Some will make a killing on their properties up there. Values on properties north of 82 took a pretty good jump about 5 years ago.

the sale of this place didn't help pricing, all values went up in the general area. 5 miles N. of crockett/coffee mill.

just found out one of the other wetland properties around the corner from us is going to be upscale lodge/membership (I think). putting in some nice amenities and if it works should be a good one. owner seems like a good type. it will be duck club oriented tho.

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/02/20 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas
I have been looking myself. Started when it was announced.

group up and form an llc, buy a parcel and divide among yourselves. most likely gonna have to buy 50 or more acres to buy anything up here.

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/02/20 11:40 PM

someone needs to buy the little gas station on the corner of 100 and the road to crockett, they did some sort of work on it this winter and cleaned it up good.
put gas/snacks and a small burger joint in and sit back.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/03/20 12:05 AM

There is one on the south side of 82 and 100

I’ll have to move in and dominate with the best minnows and water dogs in Fannin County.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/03/20 12:09 AM

Yeah I know somebody that wants to do that exact thing at 100 and 82. They may be getting a little too old for that though.
There's supposed to be a Holiday Inn go up there sometime.

The neighbor in Allens Chapel gave $5K per acre for 55 acres next to him about 3 or 4 years ago. Most of the owners on the south side of the lake are sitting on good size pieces of land and not going anywhere for a while.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/03/20 01:56 AM

Parents have been looking but no luck in potential waterfront property.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/03/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
someone needs to buy the little gas station on the corner of 100 and the road to crockett, they did some sort of work on it this winter and cleaned it up good.
put gas/snacks and a small burger joint in and sit back.

I will leave the burger joints to WAWI. I can handle the station part.
Posted By: KYBluefan

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/03/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherdad58

Not just 5 years ago. It does every year. When I go and protest my property values it was mentioned one time we were located in "such and such area". The people that were in the hearing didn't hear the assessor, and she added north of 82 and they all nodded their heads. So something is up with any property North of 82 even in Grayson County.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Lower Bois D Arc lake lots ? - 07/04/20 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by pil,b
2 mil might get you 3 lots on south end of PK

You can buy lots in the Cliffs for under $20K
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum